Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexa
Curious June 2019 British Columbia

Fake Flowers?

Alexa, on June 18, 2018 at 12:30 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11

Hi Ladies! We are trying to keep the budget low. What are everyones thoughts on artificial flowers? I'd like to put them on the dinner tables in vases with other decor.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Lizmridha, on June 21, 2018 at 11:33
  • Lizmridha
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Lizmridha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing fake flowers too. When we did our budget we decided that 3 things we're not allowed to cheap out on (the venue, the music and the photographer), everything else we can budget hard and diy more or less.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like many others have mentioned, if you're able to save significantly, go for it! If the price is too similar to the cost of real flowers though, I would take real flowers over artificial ones.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing fake flowers and I will be ordering them off Alibaba.com.
  • Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was against it because at heart i wanted it to be gorgeous and felt that if it was artificial it wouldn't be as pretty and elegant, but then i weighed the cost and then i saw someones AMAZING artificial flower bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages and knew that i could have the best of both worlds. so i went with her and am so looking forward to getting them

• Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got all fake flowers for my centrepieces. To make 10 centrepieces it cost me $30 at Michaels. Until the wedding im using them to decorate my living roo.. It looks really nice too.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly I have no issues with fake flowers. I’d have gotten them myself so then I could resell my bouquets but my mum has such a big issue with fake flowers and offered to pay for the flowers so at that point it became worth it for me to do real ones =P
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I for one had artificial floral ball on each center peice for its simplicity. It saved tons for me.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly... I wanted to do fake flowers for my table centerpiece too but with the price of the fake flowers and my time to put it all together... I was getting very similar prices from vendors who would do all the work and they would be real. I'm deff leaning more towards real the more research I do with decor vendors.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Brittney where I've heard that quality artificial flowers may be the same price as real flowers, and in that case, just get real flowers lol. I've been struggling with trying to stay within my décor budget and have been dancing with the idea of alternative between flowers and large candles on my guest tables as centerpieces.

Good luck!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on who you go to, I've heard that quality faux-flowers are actually the same price, if not more than real flowers. However, I guess you could consider it more cost-effective as you now have those flowers for life (or you could give them away, or even re-sell them to a new bride post-wedding)...

If you have found faux flowers that are less expensive, ask to see them in person, judge for yourself how they look. I don't see a problem with utilizing them (I've seen great faux flowers before)... but I've also seen one's that look like paper or plastic, and I think it would take away from the day if it looked cheap.

• K
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a lot of people suggest this to me, but i just couldn't do it- mostly cause its an outdoor wedding and i feel like it would be nice to have real flowers- that being said, we are just getting a bunch of random flowers from costco the day before and arranging our own. No idea how it will turn out yet though hahah

But i have seen lots of pinterest post too with people mixing real and fake flowers, and it looks great!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics