Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2018 Ontario

Face masks/ Acne treatment

Stephanie, on May 10, 2018 at 22:01 Posted in Beauty 0 10
My wedding is the August and my face tends to get red and breakout more during the summer months, and have some acne scars. What type of face wash did you find worked best? I know everyone skin type is different but thought I would ask here before going to try a few out. Or any facial tips or home remedies that you have used and work? YIA 😊

10 Comments

Latest activity by Gabbie, on June 14, 2018 at 09:18
  • Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I double cleanse, first an oil-based cleanser that removes every little bit of make-up then a foam based cleanser, Toner (I used Witch Hazel), essence (because the toner dries you up), Vitamin C serum (to brighten up the skin), collagen serum, retinol, face cream, if it's the morning I add sunscreen.

I know it looks crazy, but a lot of people have started to compliment my skin and I feel like the time I spend on it is kind of a little pampering I do for myself.

• Rianne
    Newbie August 2019 La Altagracia
    Rianne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm 26 and still struggle with acne :/. I've tried tons of different products and nothing has worked better for me than these! They're simple products for sensitive skin.

https://www.neutrogena.com/skin/skin-cleansers/ultra-gentle-daily-cleanser/6887295.html

http://www.cliniderm.ca/clinidermen/skincare/SoothingLotion.html

http://benzagel.ca/product/acne-gel/

It usually takes 3 months or so for your skin to adjust to a new cleansing routine, so I would say pick one and stick to it. If you're bouncing around between products from now to August, it may irritate your skin.

Hope this helps Smiley smile

• Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have always had acne and still do. The best face cleanser I have found so far , it may not totally prevent breakouts but it does lighten up the scarring , is the Juice Beauty green apple brightening cleanser. I use a prescription topical to keep my breakouts at bay.. however I just switched to a different one as it wasn't working anymore for me so hoping it does the trick as this is my biggest fear for my wedding day. Right now I am doing every possible trick under the sun to prevent my skin from breaking out the day of.

• K
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you can afford to, see a dermatologist. They can give you a ton of product recommendations and even suggest treatments (laser treatments and chemical peels can be amazing for fading acne scars) if your budget allows that.

As far as product recommendations, get yourself a good sunscreen (protect yourself against UV and hyper-pigmentation!) and a good moisturizer (something that is non-comedogenic and contains hylauronic acid, which is amazing for your skin!). Cleansers are way more personal, but brands like SpectroJel, Cetaphil, or CeraVe are widely known to be effective and dermatologist recommended.

Good luck Smiley smile

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I use Proactiv Plus, supplemented by BB Seaweed mask & Ocean Salt scrub from LUSH.

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also forgot to mention, polysporin works wonders on my acne scars!
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve started washing my face twice at night (once with a makeup remover, once with a Burt’s Bees face wash) and using a simple toner of ACV and green tea with tea tree oil and my acne has cleared up! I also really recommend cutting back dairy intake and way upping your water! I also use Freeman beauty masks (drugstore) and they help too! Pictured are the two I use

Face masks/ Acne treatment 1

Face masks/ Acne treatment 2
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been using an Arbonne face mask. I can't remember of the name of it though...

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I use the clear skin set from Èminence, the magic is in the face masque! They also have a recovery oil for scars.

Face masks/ Acne treatment 3
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm also acne-prone, so I've been using Clinique for years and although it hasn't prevented me from getting pimples completely, it's helped clear things up. That and avoiding sugar and artificial sweeteners.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics