Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Frequent user August 2022 Ontario

Evite invites?? Yay or nay?

Keri, on May 27, 2018 at 20:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 25
Hey everyone! Iโ€™ve recently been thinking that evites are the way to go - eco friendly, WAY less $$, most guests throw paper invites out anyhow, more organized... my partner also really liked the idea too.

What are other peoples thoughts on this? ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’Œ

25 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on June 6, 2018 at 00:43
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This! It might not be the truth, but that's definitely a thought that could wander through my head too.

• Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We require visa when going to Canada, so I know my friends/family that are going to my wedding, will appreciate having a hard copy to include in their application to support the "why" they're going to Canada. We also have some older guests that will definitely have issues with the online RSVP, my plan is to send out paper invitations, with online RSVP and then we'll call those older guests. I have all the wedding invites from my friends in a big cork board, it's a fun way to keep souvenirs, specially since a lot of us are foregoing on wedding favors.

• K
    Keri ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oooh! Thanks for the great tip! ๐Ÿ‘Œ
  • K
    Keri ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Stephanie. Figured that would still happen ๐Ÿ™ƒ Thereโ€™s always ppl that donโ€™t follow the rules, huh? Haha Still leaning heavily to evites, Iโ€™d say!
  • K
    Keri ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Christine. I was thinking about printing a few hard copies for my parents & to frame for us or something. Vista Print rocks!
  • K
    Keri ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, Iโ€™ve been using Paperless Post too, just to see what they have to offer & I'm really happy with the one Iโ€™ve chosen! Super pretty & completely the style I was going for. Pretty happy so far! ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐ŸŒธ
  • K
    Keri ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Maya! You made some great points & weโ€™re wanting more $ for tasty food & beverages for everyone, so it seems to be the way for us.
  • K
    Keri ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thatโ€™s exactly what weโ€™re thinking too, Rhea! Just seems like it more like us, so it keeps sounding like the way to go.
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with Jennifer!

If I were sent an email invitation to a wedding, my first thought would be "if they can't dish out a few hundred dollars at the most for an invitation, what else are they going to skimp on?"

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did paper for everything because we have a lot of older guests coming. If you have a younger group being invited to your wedding then definitely go for the elite. We had some issues with people not receiving their invites and us not receiving their RSVPs back even though they told us they sent them. Our friend, who lives maybe 4 blocks from us, mailed hers back and it took over a month for us to receive it.

• Christine
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Christine ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We opted for an eletronic save the date and e-vites via our wedding website. We also went to Vista Print to have some hard copies of the wedding invite which we sent to our parents and some of the non-tech/more traditional guests plus this way we something for our memory book later. We did the print run at the same time as we did Thank You cards which I feel have to be mailed out.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I get the cost effectiveness of e-vites. I just find them tacky for a wedding.
    Like them for save the dates. And even like the rsvp to be online.
    Im a techy person. And i still always take the hard copy with me when i go to a wedding. Especially when travelling for it.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Paper invites sent out with website info for more infotmation to follow up. I have seen this done as unique and different.
  • Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally prefer hard copy invites mailed. I know a lot of my family will appreciate receiving them and keeping them this way. Plus quite a few members of our families arenโ€™t tech savvy, this just seemed like the easier route for them. We decided to go with vistaprint for our invites and saved a bunch of money.
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I do like the idea of evites as almost everyone is going to throw away a paper invite once your wedding is over (if not sooner). We opted to skip save the dates all together (word of mouth by us or parents) and then go with a paper invite with a website for RSVPs and all the other info.

At the end of the day do what works best for you. Some people who are more sentimental will probably still be little sad they donโ€™t have the paper copy to hold on to forever but just remind them that it is important to both of you to keep your wedding as eco friendly as possible. You might still have someone be upset but you canโ€™t always make everyone happy. The vast majority will be ok with it and wonโ€™t even remember one way or another down the road.
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancรฉ and I decided to send evites out our save the dates. We are also planning on emailing our wedding invitations to save money.

I fee itโ€™s our wedding and we want to have more money to spend on the actual wedding and as well saving trees Smiley smile do what you think fits for both you and your fiancรฉ. Even for the non tech savvy a phone invitation may be meaningful so they can write down the information. It may take a longer time, but Iโ€™m sure they would appreciate the gesture and it will still save money Smiley smile
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love evites for save the dates, but I still prefer to receive a hardcopy of an invitation. I did away with all the extra paper though and just gave a one-page invite with a website to RSVP. I had a lot of older guests who even had trouble with the website, so depending on your guest list, you could totally do evites.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the evite idea! We wanted to do evite's but ended up doing paper invitations, we have older guest who aren't tech savy.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be doing a mix of both - we will be sending out Save the Dates online and then for the invitations we will send them in the mail but have them rsvp by going to our wedding website or calling us (That way we don't pay postage for the rsvp on the way back to us). Something about having a physical copy makes the invitation seem more real to me (although to be fair I'm the kind of person that will post the invite on the fridge until the wedding)

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanted to do evites but 90% of our guest list is really not super tech savvy, plus my FMIL doesnโ€™t even have his familyโ€™s normal addresses and phone numbers let alone their emails!
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's cost effective and easier for most ppl. To rsvp. I did a bit of both. I have older guests who aren't tech savvy. I also wanted some physical cards to send out all fancy with something I designed myself.

Evites also work if you know ppl. Are travelling for work or otherwise.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did evites through paperless post and it worked realy well!! Highly recomend going that route.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did evites! Basically all the same reasons as you. The problem we did have is some people rsvpโ€™d by emailing us rather than using our website as we had requested. And, there was even a link from the invitations that went directly to the website. Even still, definitely recommend evites!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Weโ€™re doing evites and using Appy Couple.
    If you opt for Appy couple, sign up and then wait a couple of days...theyโ€™ll send you a โ€œwait come back, hereโ€™s a discountโ€ email.
  • Rhea
    Curious February 2019 British Columbia
    Rhea ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did email save the dates and are doing evites as well. Eco friendly is really important to both of us as well and honestly I think most people will throw out paper invitations eventually anyways. We would rather spend the money on something out guests will really enjoy, like more food!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics