Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cathrine
Devoted April 2018 Ontario

Europe Suggestions

Cathrine, on January 17, 2018 at 11:00 Posted in Honeymoon 0 6

Hey all,

We are taking our Honeymoon in June and are thinking that we'd like to explore Europe a bit. Planning this has got me all panicky as there are so many options and so many moving parts. I'm a package vacation kind of girl, who prints out itineraries to follow but we want to have some fluidity with this trip. I have never been to Europe, so touristy type things are totally on the table for me. Has anyone done Europe trips that can give me pointers on just how to plan for this kind of thing, flights, hotels, travel? Any suggestions for must see places, while still keeping the honeymoon feel?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on February 8, 2018 at 13:08
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! Sounds great, I would definitely narrow the search to a select few countries. I too lived in Europe for several years, and have travelled quite a lot.

I agree with "Mosser Wedding" and maybe look into a cruise as you can get to several locations without the high cost. Cruises also allow the option to do planned excursions, but you can also just sit and relax on the boat for a day if you want. Western Europe (France, Italy, Germany etc..) can be quite costly due to the exchange rate with the Euro, and they are more touristy.

If you want to do your own thing, I suggest looking into Eastern Europe. I lived in the Czech Republic for a few years...Prague is amazing! Poland is also quite interesting, particularly Krakow has some interesting things to do. Croatia and Greece are common honeymoon destinations for Europeans as they are warmer, and much cheaper than Western Europe. Malta is also quite spectacular, a little more expensive than Croatia, but filled with history and postcard worthy places.

I would narrow it down to East/West or Northern Europe and then choose three to four locations depending on how long you'll be gone for. After that, you can get into the nitty-gritty of planning hotels, flighs, trains etc...

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello! I lived in Europe for 4 years, and traveled extensively. It's a wonderful, beautiful place, and I want to take my FH so badly in the future... My word of caution is, if you lean towards "package vacations", it can get costly. Also, depending on how relaxed you want to be, to make it worth the flight over, you might want to do quite a bit, and it can get overwhelming.

Some places to go that are more romantic, laid-back would be Italy, France & Greece? Santorini is absolutely gorgeous, as well as touristy options in Rome, Vatican City, Malta...

IMO, for a honeymoon, if it is in your budget: consider a Mediterranean or Scandanavian Cruise! I have done both, and they are awesome. You could add a couple days on either end in the cities you depart in/leave from, and you get a mostly 'all inclusive' 'package' vacation, where you only unpack once, but you get to see several different cities! For example this cruise , 8 days through Spain, France & Italy.

Good luck!

• Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didnt go as a honeymoon, however we just got back from Amsterdam at the end of December , and if you do make a stop there we did a super romantic canal tour at night , you get to see the city from a totally different view while sipping on wine in a glass covered candle lit boat. We stayed at hotel Arena while we were there and it was a beautiful hotel in the middle of a park !

Plus once you get over there, you can honestly take a train or flight to just about anywhere and it only takes a couple of hours . Hostels are great options for cheaper accommodations if you plan on touring around to different cities and countries! You can sometimes even find private rooms at most !

also dependent on where you go, but we flew WOW air, its a cheap air line, but it really was a decent air line to fly with !

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Italy would be a great place to honeymoon as you can be super touristy but also relax. You could hit Rome, Florence and Venice in 2 weeks easily. Cinque Terre is also really beautiful! Italy has great food, friendly people and beautiful vistas!

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I went London and Glasgow in the fall and loved both but not sure if you would want to go there for a honeymoon.

My advice is once you decide where you want to go head over to kayak.ca for flights. You can put in your destination and timeline for flights and then set an email notification so they send you notifications when the price drops. We ended up getting our flights to London for ridiculously cheap.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There's so many easy to get to places once you're in Europe! I would figure out which countries hold the most interest for you and go from there.

If you've not planned this sort of trip before, I would head to a place like flight center. Typically they don't have more expensive prices than you find online but they will be able to help sort out a lot.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics