Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Essential or Extra: Welcome Bags?

Lynnie, on September 17, 2018 at 10:23 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20

Welcome bags are always a really nice touch if you have a lot of out-of-town guests traveling for your wedding, but on the other hand you could consider them an "extra" that's easy to cut from the budget! Where you do stand on welcome bags? Essential or extra?

Essential or Extra: Welcome Bags? 1

Photo by Rebecca Yale Photography

Next Question - Essential or Extra: Getting Ready Pictures?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Veronica, on May 13, 2019 at 15:33
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not enough really out of town guests so won't be doing this. I TOTALLY would love to arrange this though if it made sense or was called for. I love creating things like this!

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extra, I have travelled to many out of town weddings and never got or expected a welcome bag.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extra. I have never been to a wedding with one of these given out...and TBH I didn't even know it was a thing until planning our wedding started! We talked about it and might do it for those that are in the ceremony and will have to come down a couple days early for various events (like the bridal party and MOB/FOB/MOG/FOG)...especially where the majority of the are not only from out of town, but out of province!

• S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extra. I have travelled out of town many, many times for weddings and have never gotten a "welcome bag". Like favours, I think they're unnecessary. The reception IS the thank you for coming...

That said, my FH and I are having a destination wedding, so I would like to provide welcome bags of some kind. If the budget gets too out of control though, I'll have to re-think that. I'd like to include some kind of souvenir relating to the location as well as a hangover emergency kit and a couple of local snacks.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extra. Rarely have I ever used it when I’ve been given one.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extra! If we were doing a destination wedding or something OOT I think we would do it, but we're not so this is really extra.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extra, and not in the budget!

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extra for this, not necessary.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Half on this decision

Essential if you want to make the guests feel fully warmly welcome and knowing there is something to look forward the next few days. A guide to let them know what activities, restaurants and other information that may be helpful to look through.

Extra if you have a really small wedding or local where family and friends are not staying overnight at a venue or hotel.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Extra! These are so not necessary
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Extra! I have never even heard of this lol. All our guests are coming from out of town so that could get pricey!!
  • Jenn
    Frequent user March 2019 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extra....probably won't be doing it!

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Extra for us! I feel like it would’ve cost a fortune to have welcome bags for everyone
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Extra and not happening! We are traveling across the country in order to have all our guests able to celebrate with us so we are spending enough money!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Essential for us. Peoples are spending money to join us for our wedding, so each hotel room will have one or 2, depending on how many are staying in a room.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Extra! Something we wont be doing except for the kids coming to the wedding! We will have a play package for the young ones with entertainment (colouring books and stickers)
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extra. our wedding is in st. catherines where none of our friends and family live; we'd be getting them for everyone, and i wouldn't even know where to put them since people are staying wherever they want.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extra - Also overdone, in my opinion. A simple leaflet with a list of things to do and places to see, would be sufficient.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extra. We aren't going them for out of town guests that are from Canada. Going to do them for our out of country guests. so will have about 10 bags. and it will be more with directions/things to do etc.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extra but always appreciated! I would totally do this if I have any out of town guests coming that will be staying at a hotel. If they are just staying with other family then we will skip out on doing that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics