Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Clauds
Frequent user August 2020 Ontario

Engagement shoot during Covid?

Clauds, on May 5, 2020 at 14:43 Posted in Before the wedding 0 17

Is anyone else still going forward with their shoots for May/June? I have one scheduled for next week that I really don't want to push back. It will be at a quiet location on a weekday and we will of course practice social distancing with the photographer.

Thoughts?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Kl, on June 6, 2020 at 06:11
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Perfection!!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Now that parks are open, I'm sure tons of people are looking to take engagement photos. But how many are now waiting for the men to get haircuts? 😆
  • Clauds
    Clauds ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Engagement shoot during Covid? 1
    Engagement shoot during Covid? 2

Engagement shoot during Covid? 3

Engagement shoot during Covid? 4

3 weeks later and we got our pictures. I’m in love and with them so happy we didn’t postpone!

• Clauds
    Clauds ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We had the shoot last Wednesday and it was a success! Photographer was never close to us and people who were at the park were all socially distancing.

And the waiting game. Will get the pics in about a week and a half’s time. Hoping to get them sooner though 😝
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We already did ours but YES DO IT!! photographer has not stand away from you anyways. ours wasnt in our face at all

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes for sure!!!
    That part I didn't think of lol, but if you still can make it work, I would go for it! Smiley smile

• Clauds
    Clauds ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is what I am thinking as well. The shoot will likely work to our advantage as the park will be empty or very sparse. My hair/bangs are also starting to get a bit too long for my liking so I'd rather get shots while it still looks manageable! Smiley xd

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say go ahead with it. It will be better as not many people are out at parks, and usually the photographer is not up close and personal because the camera can shoot at a distance and still look super up close.
    I would say to proceed with it !

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We already did ours last year but I’d still go ahead with it. We were never in close proximity with the photographer when she took photos
  • Clauds
    Clauds ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I read about the porch photos as well. That made me feel a bit guilty for not postponing my date.

But after emailing my photographer, he said he is comfortable shooting and we will be taking the photos at a time when the location should be pretty empty.

Hopefully everything will work out!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Even when I got mine done back in Winter 2018 - our photographer didn't really come up to us, so I don't see a problem with it. The only time she came near us was to either show us how the pictures are looking (which you can just not do), and when she was taking up-close pictures of my engagement ring on my hand. But that's like one picture and you could always just get a pic of your ring in nature rather than up-close anyway.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If your quiet location is private property, then you're fine provided you stay safe. But you should check if you're planning on using public property, like any park or city square. You could be subjected to a fine for lingering, even if you practice social distancing.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would definitely talk to your photographer about it. They will know how to best avoid breaking the distancing rules and will probably pack a different set on lenses that will allow them to stay a little farther away. If there are any restrictions for them they will also likely already know about them.

I can't imagine that a photo shoot with proper distancing wouldn't be permitted, so hopefully you're fine!
    I do know that a group of photographers taking front porch photos from a very safe distance received so much backlash that they stopped. Because of this I would make sure your photographer is comfortable taking photos right now.
  • Joanna
    Newbie August 2020 British Columbia
    Joanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went ahead with mine March 19th right after things closed. We live in ON and our wedding is in BC. We were in BC and the photographer rescheduled all of their engagement shoots but went let us do ours since we were from out of province. We practiced social distancing and there were no issues. I just got the pictures back and it was well worth it! As long as your photographer is comfortable and you take necessary precautions you should be fine.
  • K
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can totally see why you want to go ahead with it! They’re so fun. I had a great time during mine which is saying something because I personally loathe having my picture taken haha. Depending on your location, the current restrictions could even work to your advantage. Potentially less chance of people / cars / etc. cluttering up the shots. Have a great time!
  • Clauds
    Clauds ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for your response! It makes me feel a lot better reading your thoughts.

Yes, the photographer is comfortable working with us on the original date and has approved the spot we chose. I also live with my fiance and we have been isolating and only going out for essentials.

We have been looking forward to this shoot for a long time so hopefully we will still get lots of good shots! Smiley smile

• K
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine was last fall, but I don’t see any obvious issue with your plan to have yours next week. So long as your photographer is comfortable with it and you comply with the specific public health protocols in your area. I assume you and your fiancé are isolating together anyway? And it probably goes without saying but make sure you carefully vet your location! Like I know in my area provincial and municipal parks were off limits until late last week, and beaches are still a no-go. Don’t want to get slapped with a huge fine on what should be a sweet and special day!

Anyway - have fun!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics