Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsea
Master August 2017 Ontario

Engagement ring trends 2017

Chelsea, on November 28, 2016 at 16:39 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 20

Hey lovely ladies! I have seen a few discussions about 2017 trends coming up so I figured why not do one about engagement rings!
Here are 5 different trends for 2017 of different engagement rings! Which one is your favourite?

Rose Gold Engagement Ring

Rose Gold Engagement Ring

Pavé Engagement Rings

- for those who don't know what that means just like myself; A pavé setting is made up of lots of small gemstones, often diamonds, set closely together. The gems are separated and held in place by little beads of the setting's metal. ... The beads virtually disappear into the background, and the result is what looks like a continuous surface of diamonds or other gems.... The ring shines and sparkles from all angles

Pavé Engagement Rings

Intertwined Bands

Intertwined Bands

Vintage Inspired

Vintage Inspired

Coloured Gemstones

Coloured Gemstones

20 Comments

Latest activity by Natalie, on November 7, 2018 at 06:04
  • Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve always loved the pave style. My ring is from birks and they’re great because it’s free cleaning every six months (and customary that you get it) as well as lifetime upgrading that honours the original amount you paid for the ring. I honestly am completely happy with it.

Engagement ring trends 2017 1
  • S
    Newbie September 2018 Greater London
    Sam90 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love rose gold, it's so pretty!! I came across this recently and thought the wood looked really special

https://www.shirubatree.co.uk/luxury-store/rose-gold-solitaire-diamond

Something different

• S
    Newbie September 2018 Greater London
    Sam90 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love rose gold, but not a big fan of diamonds!! I've got my eye on this, I love the wood

https://www.shirubatree.co.uk/luxury-store/rose-gold-solitaire-diamond

• Kendra
    Curious June 2017 Ontario
    Kendra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Neither are my style.

I love the one I received!

• Samara
    Frequent user July 2017 Alberta
    Samara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the rose gold, vintage inspired and coloured stones. For a long time, I wanted a coloured stone because, well, I love colour, and it's unique.

My ring is a white gold, vintage style ring with a blue diamond in the centre. It has a halo around it, with some diamonds along the band. I adore it!

• Amanda
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do not like any of those. Hahaha. I am SO particular.

And - I proposed to him, so in the end I got to pick out my ring.

Funny that I don't wear jewelry at all - so he said he wants the ONE thing I wear to REALLY sparkle. And that he was taking NO chances getting me something I would not love. I actually did not even want one (hence being the one to ASK) but I caved and looked because he said that with him it means a lot to buy one, and is also a matter of pride.

Hard to argue with that?

I tried on hundreds it felt like...honestly. Even went to Tiffany and put over $100,000 on my finger (for fun)...did not even like that one.

https://charmdiamondcentres.com/product/ring/1094510/glacier-fire-canadian-diamond-70ctw-solitaire-engagement-ring

1.7-2 CTW - not taking a photo of it on my finger until I actually have it. Early next year, as it will take some saving

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love gemstone rings I opted for a London Blue Topaz Smiley diamond
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine is very similar to the intertwined band setting except my band is plain which I like. It is super sparkly and yet simple, the FH picked it out with no input from me or any of my friends and every one agrees it is perfectly me Smiley smile We haven't found wedding bands yet though

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

None of these are for me ... I am and always will be a princess cutt girl !

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the pave and intertwined engagement rings for detail and how the diamonds are set.
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Good choice !!! My favourite!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love pave settings! Mine is part pave! Love it!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooo a saphire would have been pretty but I'm glad you didn't settle for something that wasn't "you." And I know what you mean about the pricing! Luckily amethysts aren't as expensive. Smiley winking

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is very simple yet unique and beautiful because of the intertwined band! Not so much my style but I appreciate that it is different then what you would normally see!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We thought about getting a vera wang engagement ring because they had sapphire diamonds in the rings! My birthstone is sapphire which is why we looked into it but it totally didn't suit me and the price wasn't very nice either lol!

The vintage one is gorgeous and different! The intertwined bands though aren't my style personally but I agree about loving rings that aren't the norm! :p

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hooray for coloured gemstones! It really is crazy to me that coloured gemstone rings aren't more popular since the "diamonds are forever" campaign wasn't even until the late 1940s! (http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/02/how-an-ad-campaign-invented-the-diamond-engagement-ring/385376/)

I do also like the vintage inspired and intertwined bands. I love rings that aren't the norm!

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really like the intertwined one!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally love all of these different styled rings except the intertwined band - not my style at all! I Love the rose gold colour but unfortunately don't own anything in that colour! Also I am a big sparkle fan so the pavé engagement ring is probably my favourite!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't wait to see!!!!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

None of these tickle my fancy .....I'm not a halo girl, and the others just aren't my style. I'm a simple antique girl...I'll post some pictures when we find it! I'm picky!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics