Kelsie
Featured July 2020 Ontario

Engagement Photos

Kelsie, on 12/June/2019 at 11:47 Posted in Before the wedding

I had a great time shooting my engagement photos in Toronto last month.

I was really, really nervous to start as I do not like being the centre of attention and this is my first time having professional photos taken. Our photographer was absolutely great - I am so glad I switched from the photographer we had previously. I think engagement photos are a great way to get to know your photographer and their style.

I wanted to share some photos with everyone! Smiley smile

Cherry BlossomEngagement Photos 1Osgoode HallEngagement Photos 2Canada Life BuildingEngagement Photos 3OsgoodeEngagement Photos 4

Share:

54 Comments

• Marissa
    Devoted August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    View quoted message
    Nice! I'm just north on University Smiley smile
  • Kelsie
    Kelsie ·
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Kelsie
    Kelsie ·
    View quoted message

It is! I'm actually just down the street from Osgoode lol I can see bits of it from my office window!

• Marissa
    Devoted August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    Your shooting location is right near my work! I saw a couple talking their pictures there one afternoon. It's a beautiful spot.
  • Bianca
    Featured August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·

Such gorgeous enagement photos!

• Sharlene
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·

The photos are incredibly beautiful!

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    These are beautiful! We had our photos done recently as well and Iam so glad we got a sense of our photographers style and personality!
  • Kelsie
    Kelsie ·
    View quoted message
    Biggest tip I can offer is ask to see their previous work. You get a sense of their style that way.

If your venue has a preferred photographer that might be good to check into as well! My company has worked at our venue many times and actually took their website photos!
  • Lauren
    Beginner July 2020 Ontario
    Lauren ·
    View quoted message
    Hey Kelsie, thanks for the fast reply! That's all really good info to know, thank you for sharing. I'm glad it worked out with the new photographer! I'm literally having nightmares about picking the wrong one!
  • Kelsie
    Kelsie ·
    View quoted message
    Hey! I didn’t change companies, I’m still with the same one - I just changed the photographer as a person.

I actually have a post on it somewhere but basically he didn’t reply to emails very quickly, I asked him for advice on what outfits would work with our engagement location and he essentially pulled photos from google that weren’t his that I had already seen myself, I was always reaching out to him for things - I was 2 or 3 weeks out and didn’t have a time or meeting location for our shoot.

So we asked the company to change him with someone else - which they told me they never do. We were very lucky another photographer was available.
  • Lauren
    Beginner July 2020 Ontario
    Lauren ·
    Your pictures are beautiful!! Can I ask why you switched photographers? What made your new one so much better? I'm currently picking a photographer and going crazy trying to decide.
  • A
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allyson ·
    Beautiful pictures!
  • Daniela
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    View quoted message
    I hope so! Thanks so much! Great pics again Smiley smile
  • Kelsie
    Kelsie ·
    View quoted message

Aw you're writing the bar! My FH wrote his in November and passed both first try, I guarantee you will pass as well on the first go!!

Best of luck!!

• Daniela
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    Love them Kelsie! You guys look great. Although the buildings are giving me anxiety and soon ptsd from writing the bar in a couple of days 😂😭😭😭😭
  • Kelsie
    Kelsie ·
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles