Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joanne
Curious October 2021 Ontario

Engaged without a ring for over a month

Joanne, on August 28, 2020 at 07:59 Posted in WeddingWire 0 10
Hey everyone. When I got engaged July 24 my ring was too big a size 7 so I brought it back to the store to get it resized to 4.5 and that took until August 19. When I went to pick it up I noticed a dent on one of the prongs and a small scratch on the other side so I brought it back the same day. I picked up my ring yesterday August 27. Last night while at home I noticed a scratch on the inside of the ring so I called the store and bringing it back today. I’m just sad because I’ve only gotten to wear my ring twice since I got engaged Smiley sad it takes Atleast a week to fix since they have to send it to Vancouver which is where their studio is. It was a big purchase so my fiancé wants it perfect when we get it. Even though scratches are normal but we don’t want scratches on it before even wearing it! Another week without my engagement ring and hopefully the last where I have to bring it back. Thanks for reading Smiley smile

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kim, on October 15, 2020 at 14:12
  • K
    Curious December 2022 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Joanne,

Did you ever get your ring back in one piece?

• Joanne
    Joanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just another update. I got the ring back this Wednesday and noticed on the side of the band has smaller stones and one of the prongs was bent so it was only held on by 3 prongs instead of four. This is now the third time I am sending back the ring. I’m very sad and frustrated at this point. I would hope and think that they do a thorough check of the entire ring before sending it back. I have asked for compensation and the diamond consultant apologized as she has also missed these issues and was going to ask the store if they can do something about this.
  • Amanda
    Curious July 2022 Manitoba
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, this sounds unfortunate. I hope that they are able to provide you with better service.
    It's a terrible feeling being excited that you're engaged and not being able to wear the symbol of engagement.
    With my jewller (only stocking size 7), I had to have my ring sent out for sizing. It took almost a month because it was around Christmas. I truly hope during this special time, you have better experiences. 🥂
  • Rachel
    Frequent user September 2022 Alberta
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ugh thats frustrating. Smiley sad My ring is from Spence also and I've had it a year and already had to have it shipped out twice for resizing and loose stones. I hated being without it especially right after becoming engaged so I can only imagine how you feel!!
  • Joanne
    Joanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I thought they would be more careful since it’s such an expensive purchase. It was bought from Spence... shipped out to their repair facility in Vancouver. Thanks Vinod!
  • Joanne
    Joanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a good idea going to Claire’s
  • Joanne
    Joanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Engaged without a ring for over a month 1
    Oh shoot two months Smiley sad
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sounds you didn't get a good start to wear your engagement ring from the start. The number of times they fixed the mistakes and never noticed new ones to make it perfect seems how much they time it took away from you. You will get to wear it in time and hopefully it is all done properly for good.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine went away for 2 weeks to be sized, but I'd worn it to show people before we dropped it at the jeweler. By then I was used to the feel of it on my finger so I went to Claire's and found a placeholder so my poor finger wasn't naked.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I understand your frustrations. My original ring was my grandmother's and it was yellow gold. Well I was allergic to it. So we ended up buying me a whole new ring which took almost 2 months to be made and come in. So I went a long time without and just wore my promise ring on that finger until it came in.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics