Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie February 2019 Alberta

Eloping shouldn't be so hard!

Amanda, on November 6, 2018 at 19:16 Posted in Alberta 0 12
I'm planning the smallest wedding ever. 7 guests. And i can't find a ceremony venue because its so small!
Ideally canmore, Alberta. But I'd settle for Banff or lake louise if I had to. February and outside.
If anyone has any ideas please tell me. I've emailed, phoned and texted about 40 places now.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Anne, on December 3, 2018 at 18:42
  • A
    Alberta
    Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Amanda,

if you looking for a good place to eat and cozy with good food, The Trough in Canmore. We have a big table who can fit 12 people Max, we had in the past a few small wedding and stagettes.

Anne

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will suggest looking into the Juniper Inn. It is a small inn just outside lake Louise and the dinner room looks out at the base of the mountains. It is absolutely beautiful and isolated.

If you can get an officiant then ask about booking one of the small conference spaces or using the outside patio (right next to the mountain) to use for the ceremony. They do weddings so might be able to work with you.
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you’re looking for an outdoor venue, Parks Canada has a permit on their website. Nothing crazy just that you’ll allow others to enjoy the park without loud music etc. I just did a search on their website for it. The Banff townsite website also has info for weddings in town.
    The Banff Springs has a small room ( The Strathcona) that holds 10 for a sit-down dinner. They can also do the ceremony and dinner in the same room but need a 3 hour turn around time. Price and minimums aren’t too bad...less than I’d expected.
    There are a lot of companies that offer elopements and small weddings in the area. I got a ton of ideas off of their websites before we decided to keep things in Calgary.
    I hope you get some responses soon!
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much!
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Here’s a link on how to book:

https://canmore.ca/business/facility-venue-booking/wedding-venues

You can explore this site a bit and see
    some of the other options too! Good luck! Smiley smile

• A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Lisa!
    I'd love more info on how to book. Thanks so much!
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having our ceremony in Rundleview Parkette in Canmore. We’ll have apx 40 people, but it would still be lovely for 7! You need to book it as it is a popular place for an outdoor ceremony. Let me know if you’d like more info or help in determining how to book?
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks
    Ive emailed those. I'm waiting on a few to get back to me. But some of the ones listed are closed during the winter. I called. Lol
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My step sister got married in a park on the side of the highway/lake in BC (off Lake Okanagan). I believe you can request a permit for a wedding, but honestly if you're not even really needing to set anything up, or spending enough time there to "make a mess"... you can probably just book an officiant of your provincial gov't website ( Officiants ) and kind of just "pop up", get hitched, and head to the reception.

Even taking photos after the ceremony requires no permission or permits, so once you get the ceremony done, you're good Smiley xd

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found this article, from a photographer, on 12 places to elope in the Canadian Rockies:

https://www.orangegirl.com/blog/places-to-elope-in-the-canadian-rockies/

Here are some of the places she listed...

- Bear & Bison Inn
    - Mount Engadine Lodge (where my FH proposedSmiley heart )

- Creekside Villa
    - Baker Creek Resort
    - Moraine Lake Lodge
    - Storm Mountain Lodge
    - Emerald Lake Lodge

• A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm trying that honestly. It's a national park so there's some restrictions on where.
    Dinner is the easy part, I can make reservations for 7.
    But the ceremony is really hard to book!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the area - but would getting married at a park work? And then perhaps a high end restaurant or something for the reception?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics