Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lauryn
Newbie November 2021 Alberta

Edmonton jp or Marriage Commissioner suggestions

Lauryn, on May 24, 2019 at 18:23 Posted in Alberta 0 2
Hi everyone! My partner and I want a civil ceremony but don’t know where to start to find a marriage commissioner in the Edmonton area. Any suggestions?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Sinéad, on May 31, 2019 at 05:29
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Lauryn!

Have you had a chance to check out teh WeddingWire vendor search? I have linked you to Wedding Officiants Alberta so you can check out some options.

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lauryn,

There are some options on Wedding Wire, but also check out the Government of Alberta website and search marriage commissioners. Also, non-denominational churches, like the Unitarian church, may have lay chaplains who are happy to perform a non-religious ceremony and may be less expensive than a marriage commissioner.

Some tips from someone who had to change marriage commissioners, expect a contract before handing over any money and, most importantly, find someone who will meet with you BEFORE money has changed hands. This is the person who will be marrying you and jiving with them is kind of important, at least for me. We lost out on $100 because our marriage commissioner expected a deposit before meeting with us "to hold the date." There was no contract before money changed hands or at the initial meeting. In the end we weren't happy and the $100 was less important to me than finding someone who would be a better fit.

Good luck with it all!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics