Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kyra
Beginner September 2018 Ontario

Dry cleaning the dress

Kyra, on September 22, 2018 at 20:01 Posted in Just married 0 5
How much is a typical amount to dry clean and preserve your dress? My dress is relatively clean, just dirty train from being outside all day.
I've been quoted $425 for cleaning, $90 to preserve. That cleaning price seems outrageous to me, but what do I know?
How much is "normal" and did you preserve your dress? Is it worth it? I'm never going to wear it again nor am I saving it for someone. Can't I just hang it dirty in my closet? Smiley winking

5 Comments

Latest activity by Alexandra, on October 15, 2019 at 14:54
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The preserving price is fairly spot on. and that dry cleaning price doesn't surprise me in all honesty.

I would do what Stephanie says. see if you can clean it yourself. but also depends on how sweaty you got.

you would want to preserve color wise. or if you change your mind down the road and want to sell it or save it for someone.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I tried searching the interent for answers - as I always resort to =P and found this little exert from www.bravobride.com "The cost of dry cleaning:

Dry cleaning a wedding dress through a high-end dry cleaner can run you around $100. That’s just base line, though. If you have other special requirements, the price is likely to increase.

Wedding gown dry cleaning should never cost you more than $200; you’ll know that you’re not getting the best deal if you’re paying more than that; including upgrades and any special treatment your dress may need. Most dry cleaning services offer flat rate prices for your entire dress, but some places will charge you extra if they find that they have more work to do than average.

Wedding dresses made of lace or that have heavy beading could be the exception, some companies will charge as much as $500 for gowns made out of this material.

If you opt to have your dress professionally boxed up instead of just bagged, this will also cost extra, around $50- $125. The most expensive part of the dry cleaning process is pulling the oils out of the dress; dirt and grass stains are usually included in the base rate price. Pulling oils out of wedding gown can typically run you anywhere from $15-$50 extra."

So basically - that is within the amount for it but you should be able to look around for a better deal Smiley smile

• E
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Holy moly! I feel like that’s a crazy price quote unless it’s a big ball gown. I would shop around and see what other places charge.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It will start to go a funny colour if you hang it without preserving it properly! So I don’t recommed doing that! I can’t be of any help in regards to price though
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That’s about how much I’ve heard for dresses too. You could try cleaning it yourself since it’s not very dirty. Check google to see the best way to clean the type of material your dress is. Start with a little corner and if it works, clean the rest!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics