Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky
VIP September 2019 Ontario

Dress issues - should I get another dress

Becky, on August 21, 2019 at 10:31 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9
I got this dress a year ago- liked it but more so sick of finding a dress and the in laws loved it. Fmil paid for just under half. When I tried it on I said it was pretty tight because of design and worries about fact I couldn’t sit down when tried and also how to go bathroom. The owner and everyone there said it could be fixed when alterations as tad to big. Got alterations done and well I was right. I still no way can sit... only way I can go the bathroom is if undo the corset every tiem and someone will have to do it back up. I have no clue what to do... should I wear it for the photos and such before Ceremony as doing first look prior. Then before grand entrance change?

I need a sample sale if going to find a new dress but not sure if should or would cause hurt issues.

Many advice ?! TIA less than month left

Dress issues - should I get another dress 1

9 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on August 22, 2019 at 09:01
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't know if there would be just because made to be full length corset. Good idea with calling and seeing prices/types before get there. Thank you for your help!

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is there enough material to let it out a little and make it into a half corset instead of a full? That might make bathroom trips a little easier.

I can totally understand wanting another dress so that you can sit and dance for the reception! I don't know if there's a consignment bridal shop near you, but that might be another option instead of waiting for a sample sale. Also, a lot of shops will have samples set aside that you can purchase off the rack without an official sale. Just give them a heads-up before you go about what you're looking for and they'll be able to let you know if they have anything to meet your needs.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If it were me I would ask them to go shopping with your for a second dress and not have it be a surprise. If they can't go with you then I would at least let them know you are going to go looking for something you can really dance in and leave it at that. Sure you can't sit in it but just chalk it up to you wanting something more free for the dancing.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We will be doing the grand entrance after ceremony at new location, then doing the first dance and such and eating. So thought could change during cocktail. I don't know if I should be letting his family know who were with me when bought it or keep surprise. I feel like would be hurt feelings regardless

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It looks amazing - but if the function isn't there don't feel bad about getting a second dress. I will be changing into something else after supper so if you were to do a dress change for your reception entrance I'm sure it would be fine. I see people do that on tv all the time on those wedding tv shows!

(I need a 2nd dress so that I can actually dance. Can't do more than a slow dance in my ball gown! But at least I can sit down - that's why I'm going to wait until after super to change.)

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Kelsie!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would take it to another seamstress for a second opinion. Look for one close to you with good reviews and maybe even just give them a call on the phone explaining your situation.
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The dress was too big in area's when bought it so she took it in those area's but the way the hips are in general I couldn't shuffle the dress to go the bathroom regardless. I haven't tried anyone else yet as wasn't sure what to do

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you tried another seamstress? I’ve heard of some dresses “being let out” if the dress was a bit small.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics