Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Curious October 2020 Ontario

Dress for female “best man”

Michelle, on October 14, 2019 at 19:26 Posted in Wedding fashion 1 16
So my fiancé has a female best man. Should I have her wear a dress that matches my bridesmaids (blue) or the groomsmen (Grey)?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on October 18, 2019 at 15:24
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding last year that had the groom's sister stand with the groomsmen and he dress matched the style of the bridesmaids but the color of the groomsmen's suits. I thought it looked absolutely fantastic!

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to be a groomswoman for my best friend's wedding next October, I'll either be wearing grey suit pants, white dress shirt, and black shoes to match the other groomsmen OR I'll be wearing a grey knee-length skirt with a white dress shirt and black heels. The bride is great and has said as long as I'm not mistaken for a bridesmaid then choose what I'll be most comfortable in

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The groomsmen!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a mixed wedding party, and all of the girls wore the same dress, and all the guys wore the same suit. We also went to another wedding where all the girls on the groom's side matched the bridesmaids, even though the bride didn't have any guys on her side, and it looked amazing.

I've seen photos where girls on the guys side wear grey dresses to match the guys grey suits or whatever, and it looks okay, but personally I prefer when the dresses are all the same colour. Ties the whole party together.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say she should match the GM. She's on that side so she should look like it imo.

• Lisa
    Newbie August 2020 British Columbia
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think either option works, it just comes down to how you envision it.
    Personally, I think I would choose the grooms colour, grey. Just to keep it more balanced.
    Also, if the best women is comfortable in it perhaps consider a jumpsuit. There is lots of beautiful ones available, and I have even seen mix matched bridesmaids with some in dresses and others in the jumpsuits.
  • Darren
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Darren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so happy this topic exists because I'm having my sister as my "Best Woman" for my wedding next year. We've explored the options of a female suit or a dress but in the end while she loves the idea of a suit the dress has won in the end. I've just opted to have her design different from the bridesmaid to ensure she stands out in her role. So it's totally up to you and your overall vision. if your doing a combination of colors think of how you wants your photos look on that day. No matter what you decide I'm sure your bridal party will look amazing. Happy Planning.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd have her match the groomsmen in grey or the bridesmaids, but in a different style. For example, if your bridesmaids are wearing long dresses, have the best woman in a short dress.

• T
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was just the "Best Woman" for my brother's wedding and I wore a dress that was the same designer that the bridesmaids wore (all different styles, but consistent material), but in a colour that matched the groomsmen attire (grey).

• M
    Curious January 2020 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing the same thing - we matched her with the grooms side (black) because I don't like how the pictures balance when there is a pop of colour on the other side of the line, looks off to me, plus its a pop of colour so it stands out against the rest of the guys outfits, which, depending on the colour, can overpower the bride and groom in the photos just because it looks out of place.

• Emily
    Curious October 2020 British Columbia
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister's husband had his sister as his "best person" and she wore a black dress like we wore on my sister's side, but we had bouquets and his side wore the boutonniere like the gentlemen, and it looked really great.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would go with the groom's colours. I don't don't think there is any right answer except what feels right for you and FH. I think in pictures it would just look like she's always standing on the wrong side if she has bridesmaids colours, just my opinion.
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would match her with the bridesmaids

• Cynthia
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think she should match the groom Smiley smile grey
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the idea of the best woman wearing a dress in the dudes' colours!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé has a “groomsmaid” who will be wearing the same colour as the groomsmans bow ties!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics