Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Clauds
Frequent user August 2020 Ontario

Dress and stomach area

Clauds, on November 29, 2019 at 11:20 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9

I really love this dress but it does seem to emphasize my tummy pooch. Mind you this could be a combination of lighting/angle and the fact that this is just the store sample. I'm guessing once this dress is ordered with my proper measurements and altered, the fit will be more flattering. Or perhaps Spanx would also fix the issue? Anyone else experience this? Thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Dress and stomach area 1

9 Comments

Latest activity by Clauds, on December 5, 2019 at 15:49
  • Clauds
    Clauds ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone!

I am happy to update that I said yes to the dress! I went back to try it on again and get measured. The dress ordered is 1 size up from what I tried to accommodate my waist/hips so once altered I wont have anything to worry about! And there's always Spanx too! Smiley laugh

Said yes to the dress at Kleinfeld so my mom and I got champagne Smiley laugh Dress and stomach area 2

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That dress looks soo nice on you! i would just get a pair of spanx! when you have ur fitting bring your spanx in and try it out!

• Judice
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Judice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the dress looks absolutely phenomenal on you! I would agree with some of the other comments on here. Spanx can make the world of a difference when it comes to confidence. At the end of the day you want to be comfortable and confident because that's what everyone is going to remember.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The dress looks great! If you're really worried a little Spanx will smooth everything out.
  • D
    Frequent user June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Clauds
    Clauds ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! That is very helpful and I agree, once alterations are done, the fit will be better and those little things that bug me will be gone.

Your dress is beautiful and you look great as well!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your dress looks great! If you are feeling insecure about your stomach, I would invest in the spanx - I find they make a difference, I wore a pair at my wedding.

You're right about the sample - once your actual dress comes in with the proper measurements, you probably won't notice it!

• D
    Frequent user June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a beautiful gown on you! I have a similar issue as you and im going to probably wear some shape wear but im also doing tons of ab work outs. I tried my dress on and honestly once its fit to me i dont see it being much of an issue! Store samples are harder to tell alterations do also help!
    Dress and stomach area 3 Dress and stomach area 4Dress and stomach area 5
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Beautiful dress and it looks great on you. I personally will be wearing spanks or something to help keep everything smooth. I don't see your tummy first, not that your tummy has any issues IMO. However, I know how easy it is to be insecure.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics