Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sana
Newbie July 2020 British Columbia

Draping, decor, and budgets

Sana, on January 18, 2020 at 17:44 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

I'm trying to get a sense of what draping a very large venue would cost me. Obviously I need to consult with some decorators around the specifics of my venue and what level of draping i require, but i am under a huge time crunch (wedding is July 2020) and i need to confirm a venue this week. I am torn between an older place that, to be honest I don't like, or a new modern and huge space that will require significant decor (its essentially a big empty box). I don't even know what the RANGE for draping is so i'm having a hard time making a quick decision. I will need some draping from the ceiling and then significant draping along at least one of the walls.

If anyone has any experience getting a big empty room draped in Vancouver, please let me know what I might expect Smiley smile

11 Comments

Latest activity by Drape, on April 2, 2024 at 05:25
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No kidding Smiley tongue
  • Sana
    Sana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    AGREED. Anyone else feel like they should have picked a career in the wedding industry? I can drape I’m sure haha
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ugh that is INSANE! My goodness 😖
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Then maybe you’ll be able to cover the things you don’t like, a win win!
  • Sana
    Sana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good point. I will have to do SOME draping either way but probably actually a lot less in the less desirable venue
  • Sana
    Sana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow! Yes, that’s what I was afraid of. At this point I’m wondering if I should just pick the path of least resistance. I will have to decorate the hell out of each venue option but not having to source and pay for draping May save me my sanity and a lot of money
  • Allison
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm looking at a room that's 61 x 141 and i've been quoted between $3500 - $6000 depending on the vendor. Unfortunately, draping is not cheap!!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The question I have is would you be using drapery at the older venue if you picked it to cover the parts you don’t like? If you did, I’d go with the cheaper option (or better option in other aspects). Drapery can really add up and it’s not feasible to make it yourself with fabric at $15-20 a metre
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not sure about how much it would cost where you are but in toronto ontario the decor places i was looking at were quoting me an extra few thousand depending how high your ceilings are (we have high ceilings) so we ended up skipping the wall draping and went with a huge backdrop

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you go with the bigger space you might not need to decorate and drape the whole room (unless you really want to feel like you're in a tent). That might save you a bit of time and money.

I would ask the venue if they have dimensions and if anyone else has ever drapped in the space. You might get an idea of how much they needed, photos, or even a vendor that was used who already knows the space.
    Sorry I can't help with BC specifics, I'm on the wrong coast!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The venue can let you know how big the room is measurement wise to inquire with decorators pricing. This process makes it easy to know what to know and expect for full service or rental draping and décor.

Budget should be able to fit what you need or just focus on the Head Table section based on the venue chosen. Quotes are helpful to know where your at cost wise and venue works best towards your décor/backdrop

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics