Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Machaila
Beginner June 2019 Ontario

double Booked!! Help!!

Machaila, on May 17, 2019 at 15:00 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17
Hi everyone. It is two weeks before my wedding and my venue has just informed me that they have double booked my wedding. What on earth do I do?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Amie, on May 21, 2019 at 15:37
  • Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What happened?
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What ended up happening!?

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What happened after 8pm? Are they going to correct their heinous mistake?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my gosh, how are you doing? Have they gotten back to you about how they plan on fixing this?

• A
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allyson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did you get this resolved? I'm hoping for the best for you.
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Machaila.

I'm so sorry to hear this has happened to you.

Did the venue coordinator come back to you with a solution after her discussion with her partner?

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Did you give a deposit of any kind?
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For starters..we have the same wedding date! So as I am also 2 weeks away this actually stopped my heart!! I think it's more what the venue is going to do about this not you. Who booked first and if you booked second it is their responsibility to fix the problem..I should hope at least.
    What have the venue said to you? Have they just said sorry no can do and let you go? Did they give your money back..sorry so many questions but they may help with suggestions.
    I am so sorry you are dealing with this!!!
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg I would die lol two weeks before?! Wow!!
  • A
    Allyson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My worst nightmare! What are the details of your wedding?
  • Machaila
    Beginner June 2019 Ontario
    Machaila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for your help everyone. There was no contract however something I have in my favour is all conversations we’re had over email. Including her confirming our date, the transaction, etc. They haven’t offered me anything. In fact they were quite rude. Trying to blame me saying I had the wrong date. I responded by sending screenshots. Then it was “okay I will talk to my partner and let you know tonight after 8pm, I have no idea what can be done” USELESS
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG, that is unimaginable!! Did they offer to do anything to make up for their error? The suggestions others have offered sound very good. Get everyone involved with the wedding to make calls. Good luck finding something else with the amount of time left.

• Kirsten
    Frequent user October 2025 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Talk to the venue, their mistake, their problem. If you are the first one to book, the venue needs to deal with the second couple. Along with look at the contract for anything that could help

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ya, I agree with having a meeting with your venue to see what can be done. If you booked first then really it's the other couples misfortune, as nothing should change for you in my opinion. Also look over your contract to see what if there is anything in there about double booking.

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My first response would be to ask the venue what they intend to do about it. They have to take responsibility for their mistake and do everything in their power to resolve things to your satisfaction. Please keep us posted - I'm so sorry this is happening!

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dang. I am so sorry you have to deal with this!!

Your venue should be helping you with this, as it’s their mistake. I have no clue how it got missed until now but, if they have partners, they should be trying to get you in to one of them. If they don’t, they should have some suggestions on where to call.
    Make sure your deposit is refunded to you ASAP as it can take some time for refunds to be posted to credit cards, if you need it for your new venue.

Call in reinforcements to help you make the phone calls etc. Look into restaurants, hotels etc and, once the dust settles, look for compensation from your venue that double booked you because of the breach of contract, stress etc. If they’re not willing to negotiate, talk to the BBB.
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my gosh I can't imagine the stress you are feeling right now! Are you willing to fight for the day like did the other couple book before you? Ugh I had this happen to me with our DJ but thankfully I had a little more time to panic.

If its a small group, could you relocate to a restaurant and see if they could do a reservation for the amount of people you have? Or maybe a backyard BBQ? Oh man sorry I don't know where to start without knowing your guest count and original plans, can you share some details?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics