Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Do you wear your engagement ring 24/7?

Lynnie, on August 27, 2019 at 13:47 Posted in WeddingWire 0 37

Do you wear your engagement ring 24/7? Or are there specific times when you take it off?

Share your ring rules and routine! 💍

Do you wear your engagement ring 24/7? 1

Photo from The Mindful Choices in Brampton, ON

37 Comments

Latest activity by Darren, on November 3, 2019 at 21:55
  • Darren
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Darren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Although my fiancé tries to tell me I shouldn’t keep it on all the time, I only take it off for housework, & showering. I enjoyed wearing my ring & celebrating our love.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take mine off to shower and do icky jobs like the litter box or dishes. Otherwise I keep it on. I need to get a ring holder for our kitchen, I'm always nervous that I'll knock it into the sink.
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take my ring off a lot, my cousin use to work for the jeweler who sold my FH my ring and she said that to keep it in the best shape I shouldn't be wearing it to bed, when I clean, shower, exercise, go swimming ect. These things can loosen the setting and there is potential for the diamond(s) to fall out. I am very cautious with my ring, I don't want anything bad to happen to it.

• T
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I leave it on basically 24/7... I’ve only taken it off to make meatballs lol
  • #GotmanTablefor2
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    #GotmanTablefor2 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take mine off when I shower, wash dishes and workout. I dont want it to lose its luster or chip out of respect of how hard my man worked for it. I picked up a pack of silicon rings on amazon for like $15 that I wear when working out as a placeholder.

Certainly recommend if you plan on traveling anywhere you may lose it (like in the ocean/sea) or could be spotted as a mark depending on area.
  • Storm
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Storm ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I literally never take mine off. I wear it when I workout without gloves with no issues, cleaning, showering. I never take it off unless I am putting my hands into food since I don't want food stuck to it. Other than that, its on 24/7! Smiley smile

• S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only take mine off when I shower/wash my face, wash the dishes, if I need to use my hands to touch food when I cook, and when I’m working out! Otherwise, it stays on!
  • J
    Beginner October 2022 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take mine off to shower and workout, clean and if making something like meatloaf where my hands are going to get gooey
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have never taken it offf
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I leave mine on 24/7! i forget its even on most times!

• Kristi
    Curious June 2020 Quebec
    Kristi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love my ring so much I feel naked without it. When I workout I wear gloves that cover and protect it, same when I’m cleaning the house 🧤.! The only time I take it off it’s when I blow dry my hair. Twice I went to work without my ring 😯 I forgot to put it on after I blow-dried my hair. That night I went to bed without my ring and had a dream that someone said it’s bad luck not to wear your engagement ring 💍, I woke-up in a panic and looked and my hand 🤚 and I put my ring back on right away ! Since then I never went forgot to put it back on after my hair 😆

Do you wear your engagement ring 24/7? 2
  • Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take it off to workout for safety reasons and I'm taking it off for job interviews to avoid potential discrimination (my mom pointed out that they may take note of it and assume I'm getting married right away and then having kids right away too, and then pick a different candidate based on that).
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Only take it off when I’m too swollen (health issues), in the shower and when using strong cleaning agents - otherwise I love to have it on allllll the time 😁🙏
  • Maddie19
    Curious July 2020 Alberta
    Maddie19 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't wear it to sleep, shower, or workout! But I try to wear it as much as I can

• Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take my engagement ring off only if I have my hands going into something that might get messy (i.e. cookie dough, meatloaf etc.). Otherwise, it never comes off my finger!

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only take it off to shower, do dishes, and to do dirty work in the yard and stuff like that. Otherwise it's on 24/7 for sure
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope! I basically only put it on when I'm leaving the house. When I come home I generally keep it on unless I'm doing housework (washing dishes, cleaning the bathroom, etc.), showering, or sleeping.

• Christine
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take it off to shower, wash my hands (at home), and wash the dishes. I also don't wear it swimming, exercising/gym, hiking, camping etc. Just so I don't have to clean it as much.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wear mine all day but take it off when I wash my hands, or if I'm doing something and think it might get dirty. I also take it off when I go to bed.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually hardly ever wear mine. I can't wear it at work in case I scratch someone with it. (PSW) I'm looking forward to having my wedding ring that I can wear all the time.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't.
    I take it off when I'm sleeping, showering, cleaning, hiking, camping, exercising. My ring looks new, like I just got it yesterday!

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wear my rings 24/7 except for showering (don't want to gum them up with hair conditioner), doing dishes (especially if they're greasy) and if I'm doing anything that gets my hands messy - such as cooking something that requires my hands in the food.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take it off for the typical things, sleeping, showering, cooking(if I'm chopping veggies and getting my hands dirty) etc.

Sometimes if I'm laying around the house in my pjs all day I don't bother putting it on. I also leave it at home if I'm going to the beach or camping because I'm scared of damaging or losing it

I read an absolute horror story of a woman seriously injuring her finger because she wore her engagement ring and wedding band on a waterslide and they got caught so I never wear mine in situations where something like that could happen

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Almost 24/7. Only take it off to sleep, shower, and while I’m at the gym. If we are fishing, hiking or cleaning up the yard it stays off!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Always, except in the shower!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore mine all the time since the beginning of moving in and being presented with the ring that didn't fit him any longer.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only wear mine outside the house! I am so used to not having any accessories on when I'm just at home. I feel more comfortable that way. So I have one jewelry dish to place the ring in when I get home and grab and wear it again before heading out the door Smiley smile

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've only recently started taking it off when I do the dishes. I wear it to the gym but I bought these amazing silicone covers that slip right overtop to protect it!
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

ALWAYS!! except when i'm baking, at the gym or washing dishes. otherwise I always have it on, even when I sleep and shower, which i've been told not too haha

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wear mine 24/7. I'm a bit of a scatter brain so I would likely lose it if I took it off.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wear mine 24/7 except when I'm rock climbing. I take all my rings off for that because they pinch me and I don't want them damaged.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the most part I wear it 24/7!

I take it off to shower/bathe and/or if my hands swell too much (exercise or just really hot outside). Oh, and when my hands are too cold - then my finger is too small for my ring and runs the risk of falling off!... My hands fluctuate a lot so when that happens I have a necklace that I put it on and wear it like that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics