Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Frequent user September 2019 Ontario

Do you wear spanx under your wedding dress?? do they work?

Kayla, on July 17, 2017 at 09:50 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 14

Hi Everyone...

This is something I have been thinking about recently... I am trying to loose weight for my wedding but its hard.... lol.. I didn't realize shape wear was a thing people did. But apparently spanx/a shaper are the way to go.. I thought you wore something sexy under your wedding dress? Do spanx work? should I do that? What are you planning on doing? Help!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Andraya, on July 31, 2017 at 02:53
  • Andraya
    Frequent user August 2017 British Columbia
    Andraya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got a pair of spanks with the leg shorts it has a crutch slit for going to the bath room well peeing at least- i like it since i will be sweaty and this will prevent the leg thigh chafe as i dance - the top rolls down under the bra but a helper could more then likely help me smooth it out - I find it helped the dress sit better cause in decreased the friction when i was getting it on during the fitting. it was a struggle to get on my comfy once it was on.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm 58 and still want to be a beautiful bride. Yes, I also have the evidence of having 4 kids, a thyroid condition, and just generally having a hard time losing weight. So too bad, I'm a plus sized bride and a great guy wants to marry me! Beautiful brides come in all ages, shapes, and sizes. The spanx idea, not a fan since you get really hot in them. I want to feel free under my dress.

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can only imagine how uncomfortable wearing something sexy under your dress would be. I think most people change into something sexy after if that's what they want. I like a good shaping slip, just makes you feel more secure. Shapewear doesn't make you slimmer, it just makes you shapelier, so for example, my stomach looks more like a circular column and less like an oblong with a stomach sticking out of it. but i'm still the same general width around. Hope this helps.

• M
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My reception dress is very low back not sure if there's anything I could wear under to help

Do you wear spanx under your wedding dress?? do they work? - 1
  • Darlene
    Newbie October 2017 Ontario
    Darlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm in the same boat..4 kids and happily ever after finally lol good luck to us both!!
  • Darlene
    Newbie October 2017 Ontario
    Darlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like to be me under sundresses but after 4 kids and being 47 I'm not sure about my wedding dress. You are never too late to want to be a beautiful bride!!
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have a form fitting corset dress then its not really needed. However if it was a looser fitting dress and you feel like you can easily go to the bathroom in it no problem, WHY THE HECK NOT?!

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wear shapewear under some dresses and I thought about wearing it under the wedding dress but my dress is dropped waist a line and think I would basically have to take it off to go to the bathroom so no spanx for me. My dress is a corset back and even when it doesn't fit it is still flattering on my figure.

• Nachi
    Newbie October 2017 Manitoba
    Nachi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Will definitely wear one
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't live without my spanx lol. Anytime I'm in a dress, it goes on underneath, so the wedding day will be no different!

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My maid of honour is wearing shape ware under her dress and the difference is phenomenal. It's a nude piece so it doesn't look bad just by itself either
  • Daniela
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am most definetly wearing spanks under my wedding dress. I too have some weight to lose and I agree...it's hard especially after having 4 kids.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends on the style of dress you have. I wouldn't think a very structured dress would require shapewear underneath. I'm not wearing shapewear but i'm wearing a torsolette bra and slip which makes a big difference under the dress. I'd just keep in mind that it's a long day and spanx (i've worn in the past) is not the most comfortable.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never worn Spanx before but I do know that shapewear works. I have seen other people use it and they love it. I will be buying some form of shapewear so that my thighs don't rub together under my dress the whole day. You can wear sexy underwear under your shapewear if you want. I think you will have to decide for yourself if you should wear any shapewear. Some dresses due to design or style cannot accommodate shapewear so keep that in mind.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics