Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Do you go to bed at the same time?

Lynnie, on May 13, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 38

Experts say that going to bed at the same times is a healthy relationship habit - probably because it gives time for intimacy and puts you on the same schedule! But in real life, sleep schedules aren't always that easy to coordinate!

Do you and your future spouse go to bed at the same time? Never, always, or sometimes?

giphy.gif

Next Question: Do you get jealous?

Back to the Beginning: Never, Always, or Sometimes?

38 Comments

Latest activity by Meaghan, on August 30, 2019 at 20:41
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kind of but only because of bad sleep hygiene practices.
    We have a tv in our room (which I know is not recommended). We watch our show together until I fall asleep. Then FH either watches something else or plays video games in bed until he goes to sleep.
    FH has a ridiculous schedule and sometimes works 18 hours straight, through the night and then later the same week has to be at work for 5am.

He can get by with very little sleep which is a good thing given what his job requires. I on the other hand have a hard time staying asleep so I'm usually up at the crack of dawn.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No we do not.

We have a baby and because I am nursing I get up with her during the night when she wakes.

I go the bed early and hubby-to-be keeps an eye on the baby while I get some uninterrupted shut eye.

• Tamara
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wish we did, but we currently work different schedules that don't fully allow it. On the weekends 100%

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Almost always, I usually get to bed earlier than him if we don't.

• Loi-Marie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Loi-Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Almost always! Right now, it’s here and there. He has odd shift changes so some days he works 4am-noon and others 7-3 so he has to be in bed before me some days.
  • S
    Curious August 2020 Alberta
    Shyrelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not yet but plan on it. We don't live together or anything so for now it's not a problem, I am working on going to bed earlier and he's given in to stay up a little later on weekends.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Always. Occasionally one of us will fall asleep on the couch early, but wee always make our way to bed together.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Always when we are home together.. if the other can't sleep we read or watch something on the tablet quietly

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes, but usually not. He works 7-3 Mon - Fri and I usually work 12p-8 so I am usually up later than he and sleep in later in the morning. We always spend at least an hour together before bed though Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Usually yes! we make this a priority!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes. We usually do on weekdays but he'll sometimes stay up later than me to play video games on weekends or days he has off.

• Nikki
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel you haha!
  • Guylaine
    Newbie March 2020 Ontario
    Guylaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of the time, especially during the week. Its almost strange at this point when one of us are out of town, the king size bed seems soooo big Smiley winking

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of the time. He works out of town Mon-Thurs, so obviously that doesn't work. When he is home though we tend to go to bed at the same time, it's comforting!

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Almost Always, especially during the week.

Occasionally if he is really tired he will turn in early, but if my brain is still going or a show is half over I will finish it/ stay up.

The weekends it depends. I would say 90 % of the time. But other times he is tired, and I want to get something done. Or try to go to bed and can't.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes... we try to but he gets up super early for work so usually goes to bed earlier than I'm ready to
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never.
    I have a hard time falling asleep if the person next to me is snoring or falls asleep super quick. So I usually go to bed before him and am asleep by the time he comes to bed.

• Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Always. Even when the other has to work a later shift (11pm) we always wait up for each other.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Always since we like the same shows and have similar sleeping habits

• S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes! He takes his work wherever he goes and he's usually up late doing work so I'll typically fall asleep first but I'm also on-call a few times a month so our schedules are a little wonky during those times.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whenever I sleepover at his place we usually get into bed at the same time, and if not he always comes to say goodnight and give me a kiss. When we do go to bed together he always stays up later and plays on his phone after I fall asleep (it takes me like 3 minutes haha)

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes. FH's will have night shifts so it's physically impossible to go to bed at the same time, and sometimes he goes to bed at 8pm after a 6am-6pm shift, which I understand but I stay up for a few more hours (sometimes I stay awake more than I plan on lol)

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used to but not any more.
    We have a baby so i am usually in bed as soon as she falls asleep.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Almost always. On occasion one of us will stay up layer. He also works 4 night shifts a month so those nights obviously I'm going to bed without him.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes - usually on weekends, but on weekdays, we work different hours, and we're respectful of each other's different sleep patterns (I sleep for like 6 hours a night, he needs a full 8 AT LEAST lol)

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never.

He stays up late and I wake up early. I try and go to sleep at 10 or 11 and he stays up till 12 or 1AM. Then I wake up at 5:30 or 6, he wakes up at 7 or 7:30 (I have a 45 min. commute and he has a 5 min. commute).

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes. He can stay up way later than I can.
  • Claire
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most of the time!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes. I usually go to bed first. He’ll usually come in and snuggle for a bit and then go back out. He snores, and falls asleep quickly so I need to be sleeping before he comes to bed or he’ll keep me up!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Always! It’s so important to us!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Almost always. During the week we go to bed together because we have to get up around the same time. On the weekend its different times depending how tired we are.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Always. I find it strange when couples don't go to bed together.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics