Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gabriella
Curious November 2018 Alberta

Do the two of you have a 'song'?

Gabriella, on November 20, 2017 at 10:26 Posted in Before the wedding 0 28

I want to hear cute stories! We want this to be our first dance because we danced to it the night he first asked me to marry him (a month in... at my friends wedding Smiley xd ). It was coincidentally outside, at night, in September. I'm a huge sap lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2CELiObPeQ

28 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on December 17, 2017 at 01:20
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The song that, for the longest time, we considered “our song” was Cross My Heart by Mariana’s Trench. It’s a little out there, but many of the lyrics explain different times in our relationship. Lol.

The newest song we have found is Perfect by Ed Sheeran. We’re high school sweethearts, we started dating at 14/15. We broke up for a short period, but found our way back to each other. We both grew up on a farm, so dancing barefoot in the backyard happened every weekend in the summer. Needless to say, this song really suits us. And so, we have decided that this is going to be our first dance song. Haha

There are a couple other songs we have said were “so us” but one I must mention is When A Momma’s Boy Meets A Daddy’s Girl by Aaron Pritchett. This song was a very close 2nd place for our first dance song. And if you haven’t heard it, its worth the listen! We’re contemplating this song for our aisle song!
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

XO, the John Mayer version.

One day we drunkenly sung it to each other when it came on my spotify playlist and it just kinda became our song. Our snapchat followers always enjoy our drunk karaoke snapchat story concerts lol.

• Gabriella
    Gabriella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awe I love it!

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Gonna sound cliché, but im gonna say it anyways.: Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran & Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
  • Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Taylor
    Newbie July 2018 British Columbia
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first song that we loved was I Can't fight this feeling by REO speedway on but as soon as the song Perfect by Ed Sheeran came on for the first time we were talking about getting married, we both had tears in our eyes and now when the song comes on we know every line 💕💕
  • Lynsey
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Fiancé & I will do our first dance to “Can’t help falling in love - Elvis Presley”
    I’m a sucker for Elvis & it’s a song I’ve dreamt of us dancing to as husband and wife
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Such a cute story! Love it!

• Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our song as of right now is Ed Sheeran- Perfect. That song is us to a T! We are high school sweet hearts and I love everything about it
  • Gabriella
    Gabriella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my gosh, yes!!! The entire Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack is on our playlist, we karaoke to it in the kitchen all the time. Such a fun song!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wasting Gas - Dallas Smith
    We used to drive around a lot when we started dating! So this song really describes our relationship at the beginning.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All of the songs that we both love and listen to a lot arent romantic songs at all. Haha. So i wouldnt say that we have 'our song'.
    But for our first dance we picked "hooked on a feeling" by blue swede because it suits both our personalities really well and we think itll be a lot of fun! Also fits in with our theme of music from our favorite movies.
  • Gabriella
    Gabriella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All of these melted my heart Smiley heart

• Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a special version of la vie en rose that will be our first dance. When we first started dating we were watching some movie where the couple dances around their kitchen and I made an off hand remark about how no one had ever danced with me that way. A few days later he put on la vie en rose and danced me around his room singing softly in my ear. He still puts this on and dances with me every now and then, usually when we're cooking together. It's one of my favorite things about him, he's romantic and kind and he loves to dance with me. ❤️ Brb crying with joy over my FH
  • Gabriella
    Gabriella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha this is amazing! I love it.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have kind of adopted Everlong by Foo Fighters as our song. Our first dance song for our wedding though was Fly Me to the Moon/Lucky (Sinatra/Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat MASHUP) Rick Hale & Breea Guttery. It is so great!

• Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re gonna use Yours by Russell Dickerson. It came up on my discover weekly on Spotify early on in our relationship. We would always listen to it and sing in the car and felt it really described our relationship. Then I discovered there was a wedding version of it.
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Such a good choice!! My fiancé and I dance to that song all the time. It’s the perfect cover.
  • A
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is cheesy... But cute. My FH was too shy to tell me he liked me but he would give me hints. So back in 2007 when "the way I are" by timbaland would play on the radio, he'd always start singing it. Omg... Writing about it is making him sound creepy now. (it was cute though.... You just had to get there...) But that's when I kinda started sensing he liked me....too!!! But yeah... It's been our song since.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a few that mark special moments in our relationship.
    Forever and Always by Parachute is definitely a big one. We both love it and he used the lyrics to propose to me.

Our first dance was I Get To Love You by Ruelle. It means a lot to us and totally represents our relationship.

Lastly, Without You by Parachute is special because we both fell in love with that song immediately and I made a montage of videos of us to that song as his wedding gift and he got all choked up haha
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've heard that song, its actually great. My FH is a great fan Smiley winking

• Gabriella
    Gabriella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh shoot :/ the song is I Could Hold You In My Arms by Ray Lamontagne
  • Tatiana
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can't see the video says unavailable

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I always consider our song to be Ed Sheeran thinking out loud because he sang it to me on our 3rd date at 4 am standing in front of my car after we had spent the entire night talking. I'll never forget it. But we are not using that as our first dance song. Our first dance song is a cover/mashup of Elvis Can't Help Falling In Love and Ed Sheeran Perfect by a band called BTWN US. I found it randomly on YouTube and it describes our relationship perfectly!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our song is "when God made you" by newsong and Natalie Grant. It was early on in our relationship. It was a rainy night and we discovered we both liked watching lightning storms. So, we drove to the nearest store, picked up some drinks, and drove out of the city to watch the lightning. He looked up love songs on YouTube and picked a playlist. This was the first song that played and as we listened to the lyrics, we were both like, yup, that's how I felt. So, it became our song, and that will be our first dance at our wedding.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our song is the Haley Reinhart cover of "Can't Help Falling in Love." We chose it early on in our relationship...we fell for each other really fast, so we thought the song was fitting, and we love that cover.
  • Gabriella
    Gabriella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What kind of music do you like? This song always gets me right in the feelings toohttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mjn7xkpe01w
  • Tatiana
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't really have a song, but spent hours looking for a song for our first dance, something that combined both our personalities, but i i want a sappy moment Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics