Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Missa
Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick

Do I need a bustle?

Missa, on September 9, 2018 at 18:10 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6
Hey everyone,

I tried on my dress today as it finally came in and the girl at DB told me I probably need a bustle but its a chiffon a-lign and I honestly didnt think I needed one... Heres the dress from the website. Im trying to limit alteration costs but if I really need it I would but.. Is it necessary?

Do I need a bustle? 1

6 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on September 10, 2018 at 18:54
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in agreement, you should bustle it if there's a high likelihood people will step on it. Don't worry too much about the alteration cost... even at my bridal salon (which is more expensive than a regular seamstress) each bustle loop is $10... so if you online need one loop, it's will be a minuscule cost.

• Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone, I am now convinced! I actually didnt thinj about the other people stepping on my dres!!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like the others are saying - it's so that your dress doesn't get stepped on. Or you could do what I am doing (depending on how laid back of a wedding you will be having) - which is wearing a second dress after the ceremony. This dress will be shorter and way cheaper so that I can wear it around the bonfires at the resort.

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with others. The bustle would be more to prevent people from stepping on your dress.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only thing you'd need one for is to avoid people standing on your dress. Chances are you'll be getting stepped on all night on the dancefloor and you don't want to ruin your dress or have it pulled down accidentally! So I'd recommend a bustle!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hobestly I know what you mean about not needing one since the length seems super easy to manage! But even with a tiny train you more so want a bustle to avoid OTHERS stepping on the back of your dress. I would 100% bustle it! I went to a wedding and the bride had a similar length in her dress but mainly lace... she was getting so angry at people stepping on her train all night and one guest actually ripped a huge part of it Smiley cry It was heartbreaking she looked so upset.... so I would truly suggest it even if it's not so much for you but watching out for everyone else tripping on it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics