Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Desiree
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

DJ or Spotify

Desiree, on January 3, 2020 at 11:17 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9
How does one pick a DJ there is so many out there, kinda over whelming. Then I also heard of people skipping the whole DJ idea and just playing music off a device with Spotify. If you done Spotify how did it work out. Anyone have any great DJ recommendations let me know
Thank you

9 Comments

Latest activity by Erika, on January 8, 2020 at 15:23
  • Erika
    Beginner July 2020 Alberta
    Erika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well we aren't allowed to have a dj at our venue (restaurant) so we're going with DJ Spotify!

• Britt
    Frequent user July 2020 Alberta
    Britt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren't using a dj. We are renting equipment & will have our close friend who will be the MC be in charge of the music. Will have it set up for him before hand
  • Hrhofstx
    Beginner July 2020 Florida
    Hrhofstx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am going to use Spotify instead of a DJ. The Day of Coordinator at the resort is going to play and pause it as needed using separate playlists such as "walking the aisle" and "first dance". Also, he is going to make announcements such as "cake cutting" and announcing us when we arrive to the reception. My Hubby to Be is handpicking the songs along with me. Guests are submitting song requests with their RSVPs. So, it'll be completely custom and their would be at least one song that each guest can't wait to get on the dance floor for.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I recently asked a friend who she used as a DJ and she told me it was Spotify. I honestly didn't notice or remember that there wasn't a DJ and we danced all night long.

There are so many lists on Pinterest that can help you build a crowd pleasing playlist. If you want a bit of control on the night of you could ask a friend or two to be in charge of the playlist.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I picked a dj based on reviews and if they have done weddings of our ethnicity and then i met up with djs to see how they were in person and if we got along with them. a couple weddings i have been too ive seen people literally plug in their phone and have a playlist and the phone just played the ENTIRE night. which is wayyyyyyyyyyy cheaper. so if you want to make ur own play list you can save a ton of cash!!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think a DJ is really essential - a DJ doesn’t just play music - they literally control whether you have an energetic party or a silent one. A DJ was important to us as we have many different age groups and we want everyone to have fun.

I think in terms of picking a DJ, go with best reviews. The biggest hurdle for us is we have to somehow combine English music and polish music - so we went with a DJ who my FH happens to know very well and has seen DJ before, as he’s experienced in multi cultural events.
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are using a Spotify playlist. On the RSVP, we asked everyone to recommend at least one song that would get them on the dance floor. I scoured the internet for top wedding hits, and compiled a playlist. We've been sharing the playlist with friends and family to vet the songs. We are also attending two weddings next month so we plan to make note of all the songs that get the party going! I think a DJ is fantastic if your group needs a bit of encouragement to get on the dance floor, but we are having a small wedding with a lot of happy feet!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not hiring a DJ was like an unspoken agreement between FH and I lol. We just couldn't make sense of hiring someone for $1,000+ for something we can easily do for free. We're using Spotify for the ceremony and the reception. I've already got each portion of the wedding made into playlists so our two emcees know which playlist to play at any given time.
  • Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would never skip a DJ but that's just my opinion.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics