Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Catherine
Frequent user July 2020 Quebec

Diy flower arrangements

Catherine, on May 25, 2019 at 10:15 Posted in DIY 0 9
Fresh flowers are expensive, so I am tending towards doing my own bouquet, 3 small bridesmaid bouquets and 8 simple centerpieces. I found a wholesaler in my city whom i trust and would deliver the flowers personally to me a few days before. They would also instruct me on how to process the flowers to ensure their freshness etc. I think this could be fun and I love how I will be able to make my bouquet exactly as I want, but my sisters are skeptical. They just see all the things that could go wrong and think it's worth spending double my budget to get (not as much but almost) the same thing. Smiley sad
Any brides here planning to do their own fresh florals?
I understand their point of view, but i feel like i could pull this off.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Sare, on July 7, 2019 at 18:38
  • S
    Beginner August 2020 Ontario
    Sare ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

• Catherine
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's Floriana Florals. They are based in Montreal, but I don't think they ship outside that area. Their website shows a lot of the variety they can order, but not everything. When i called they said they can pretty much get anything you want though, you just need to run it through them by phone.

• S
    Beginner August 2020 Ontario
    Sare ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you mind sharing who your wholesaler is? I've been struggling to find a wholesaler for my flowers because I'm going my wedding flowers myself and I'm too nervous to use the online shops!

• Catherine
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am going to see if a florist can do something i am content with while staying in my 4-500$ budget. And if not i will do the trial beforehand and order the flowers.
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Catherine!

I would also encourage you to do a trial if it's within your budget. There is no real way of knowing if the flowers from that particular wholesaler will last a couple of days without testing it.

Would you have some budget to do this trial?

• Catherine
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I am thinking about doing a mini trial run! That's also my worry, that the flowers may wilt and not last due to xyz. And then i will be scrambling for flowers at a florist. I've read that quite a few people on other forums pulled it off, or had access to fresh flowers from a farm (which helps), but I am wondering how many people have tried and it did not go as expected. And how to avoid a catastroph.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm opting for artificial flowers due to price and DIY over getting them made for us. Just wanted to wish you luck on the real flowers - I'm sure they will turn out great!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just because I’m paranoid...could you do a test run well before you’re wedding to get an idea of what you want to do and see how fresh the flowers stay?

i recently bought my mom a super nice bouquet from a local flower store for mother’s day. The woman went on and on about how great her wholesaler was and how the quality was amazing and I’d be super happy with my moms flowers ....they literally wilted the next day. The next day! I was so mad because I spent so much money on the flowers.

So that’s why I’m super finicky with flowers right now and I’m leaving it up to my amazing florist.

If you did a trial run before you could get a sense of everything before doing it.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing florals but I love this idea. for my friends wedding we did our own but it was very simple and some of the flowers were fake so we had time to work with. I think you can definitely pull it off in a few days. hopefully you have some help. Would love to see the final product

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics