Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Frequent user July 2022 New Brunswick

diy Favours

Brittany, on September 27, 2020 at 11:01 Posted in DIY 0 25
Hi guys! I’ve been thinking about what to do for favours that won’t break the bank. Does anyone have some cheap ideas for favours? Or DIY ideas? Thanks!

25 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on February 11, 2021 at 23:50
  • Amanda
    Beginner November 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So we decided not to do favours ... half the people don't take them or never use whatever it is lol.... my father passed of cancer 2 years ago so instead we are going to do chocolates with tag on it...saying we made a donation to cancer society rather then spending money on gifts. 🤷‍♀️ Thought would be a little better then buying something people don't.need
  • Megan
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're planning to go to our farmers market during the summer and get foods to can - beets, pickles, jam and gift out little gift baskets. We're only have 30 people and will give one basket per couple / family.

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are buying ready made soap that we just have to melt down and then pour into our shapes. We are buying some add ins to make the bars orange & lavender. It will cost about $75 for favours for 120 (I’m making extras for family who live in New Zealand and Australia who can’t fly down).
  • Hailey
    Curious September 2022 Alberta
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re not doing favours. Although they come from a good place, I feel most people forget about them and leave them there. Or if they do take them they don’t get used. I don’t even remember what the favours were at any wedding I’ve been to in the last 5 years. If your on a budget I would say skip for sure.
  • S
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So many choices....how can you ever choose.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had potted plants as our centrepieces and those were used as the favours.

• Krista
    Beginner June 2021 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We opted to not do traditional favors.. instead, we are doing a candy bar. We will add a cute sign to the table, thanking our guest for coming and to enjoy a treat. Smiley smile

• Shelly
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are making little chocolates from moulds of hearts and bells, maybe truffles if I have time to make them and putting them in little boxes, with a thank you note.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the Popping by bag idea!

DIY favours are great to save on the cost for sure and would look for packaging template on images to create your own putting any edibles or items wanted to give.

• Jennifer
    Curious July 2022 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s fun hey? And how cool would it be if someone won big money? Haha
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are looking at the seed paper too, inexpensive and such a long lasting gift

• Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is an original idea, I have never heard that one yet.

• Brittany
    Frequent user July 2022 New Brunswick
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone! We decided to get small heart shaped plantable seed paper and customized match boxes!
  • Sabrina
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For guest favors, we're planning on getting key bottle openers from Amazon with a note saying "Thank you for being a Key part of our day" or "love is the key to happiness...and the ability to open a bottle". They're inexpensive (some coming in at 60cents/key), a crowd pleaser, and they're practical.
  • K
    Curious December 2022 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Popcorn is cheap, and you could put some in an organza

diy Favours 1

bag tied with a ribbon and a tag that says "Thanks for popping by" sort of cute.
  • Karina
    Newbie October 2020 British Columbia
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are doing up hot chocolate in a bag. Simple but still something all of our guests would enjoy. Good luck with yours!

• Sarah
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were making cookies, it'll be about 30 bucks all in for the recipe and bags for 85 guests plus its a fun activity for us (my first gift to him was a box filled with cookies lol)
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have been planning a candy bar but with them not allowing buffets at weddings I'm not sure that would even be allowed. If that is the case we will probably bag up some chocolate in a nice bag or box. We have a few chocolate outlet stores in our area.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Edible favors seem to be the cheapest and the most crowd pleasing.

You can get custom cookie stamps on Etsy for sugar cookies, or ask a few relatives to bake you a dozen and have bags for people to pack their own. Candy bars are popular too, I've seen people have a pre packed goodie bag with the bride and grooms favorite treats instead of the self serve option or the classic "mint to be" pun with peppermint patties.
    Wedding Star has a ton of favors of you don't want snacks, generally the more you buy the lower the cost is.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bagged candy with a ribbon is always a cheap but fun option.

• Jennifer
    Curious July 2022 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A wedding I attended a couple of years ago had $1 scratch off tickets in an envelope that said “wishing you love and riches from the new Mr. and Mrs.” I thought it was a fun idea! Still not sure what we’re doing yet.
  • Ashley
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be doing a cookie bar and having our families make a variety of cookies, then we will have plain paper bags (get 100 of amazon for like $20) and we will be stamping them with a custom stamp with our names and wedding date we are getting from esty (around $25). It’s something I know people will use and its cheap too!
  • Cara
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Cara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was looking at making coaster with our engagement photos on them done with mod podge. Or table placings (name tags or our name and date) on a hexagon piece from Lowe’s backsplash turned into a fridge magnet. Good luck and have fun DIY is meaningful 😊
  • Karina
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing chocolate covered almonds, buying in bulk. And we'll put around 7 pieces into little pouches/boxes and give them to each guest.
    To be honest, I'd rather skip favours all together, but giving away almonds is my FH' family's wedding tradition. So at least it's a very inexpensive option
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could go to the dollar store and get small candles. Then put a thank you ribbon on it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics