Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Curious July 2020 British Columbia

DIY fake flowers

Megan, on December 30, 2019 at 12:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 12
How many of you have done your own flowers? I’m thinking of doing either Costco or Michaels this is my inspiration! Also if you have please post pictures of how they turned out Smiley smile
DIY fake flowers 1
silk flowers...

12 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on September 11, 2020 at 17:30
  • Courtney
    Beginner October 2021 Alberta
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have been slowly making all of the floral arrangements for my wedding. Most of the pieces I got from Michaels (use coupons and wait for sales), Homesense, and a silk plant shop. I looked online (afloral.com) but with the shipping and exchange rates I couldn't really justify it (I'm trying to save money by making all my pieces lol).

This is my bouquet while I was still in the process of putting it all together. I was able to make mine, 2 bridesmaid, 6 boutonniere's, 3 flower girl hoops and some decor items (Aisle markers, table pieces etc) for about $350 total. I really like the idea of making my own a) because I get to keep them b) gives me an excuse to be crafty.

DIY fake flowers 2

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Baba (grandma) did the bouquets for our wedding Smiley laugh On one hand it was all DIY by her but on the other hand she is also a professional florist... so... she's pretty good at what she does.

p.jpeg?size=800x600&size_mode=3p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No real just artificial floral white ball is what we rented along with the vases to put on the table as a simple décor along with menu cards and table numbers.

• Natalie
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I bought all of this online on a Chinese website. Cost me ~$45 (incl. Shipping). It takes quite a white to get everything.
    PM me if you're interested Smiley smile
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where did u buy your flowers! And how much in materials did it cost to make!
  • Natalie
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made this over the holidays, prob using it for the heads table. Smiley smileDIY fake flowers 3
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Looks great!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing my own artificial florals for the smaller details (signage, ceremony arch) that guests aren't super up close and person with. I've been slowly stocking up on pieces from Michaels to take advantage of the daily coupons and have put together one small piece for our unplugged sign, which turned out pretty well. They've been pretty good for the most part about having the ones that I need in stock too. Sorry about the photo quality - the lighting is terrible this time of day.

DIY fake flowers 4

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Https://www.afloral.com/

Try this link. I think spell check took over last time!
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can’t seem to find the website Smiley sad
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm planning on faux flowers too. Have you looked at a floral.com? They have beautiful stuff and the US wedding wire brides have raced about the great quality. I'd also recommend following them on Pinterest, they've got a ton of tips and tricks for building a bouquet.
    I'm hoping to place a smaller order to see how they turn out and then if I love them order the rest with time for diy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics