Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2020 Ontario

DIY Centrepiece help? Stem count

Sare, on August 2, 2019 at 18:16 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5

Hey guysSmiley smile I'm DIYing my own wedding. I have mostly everything figured out except for one thing:

Floral stem count.

Does anyone know approx how many stems of greenery/florals I would need for a centerpiece this size? I plan on ordering my greenery from Costco but I just have no idea how much to order! I don't want to end up with too little or too much.

Thank you

greenery and floralDIY Centrepiece help? Stem count 1greenery and floral DIY Centrepiece help? Stem count 2

5 Comments

Latest activity by Cliodhna, on August 16, 2019 at 06:38
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there Sarah!

Firstly, these centerpieces are gorgeous!!

I would recommend you do a trial run of one to figure out how many stems you will need to create one centerpiece and use this to order for the wedding day.

Would you consider doing this?

• Karine
    Curious October 2019 Quebec
    Karine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are a lot of youtube videos that show you how to do floral centerpieces and they usually mention approximately how much greenery or flowers they use!
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh these are so pretty. I think it will be trial and error. I can relate to not wanting to spend a fortune in trials though!!

• Ss
    Beginner January 2022 Ontario
    Ss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My recommendation is to do a trial run. Go to Costco and eyeball what you think you may need to create ONE centrepiece and go from there. You might be surprised.

I’m also doing my own centrepieces and have gone through three trial runs so far. One greenery “stem” from a bucket of florals might yield three stems for your arrangement. Same with florals. For example, just one lisianthus or one spray rose stem can often be cut and used a handful of times before needing to move on to a second stem.

Beet of luck!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I honestly have no background or knowledge of floral. But I would stop into a floral shop with these pictures and ask someone there for a rough idea.
    going to someone who works with flowers all day may be able to give you a better idea.
    Or go to the dollar store and make up a sample to see how big you want to go!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics