Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elizabeth
Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick

diy Bridesmaid Proposal Bags

Elizabeth, on February 1, 2018 at 21:54 Posted in DIY 0 11

Hi All,

I thought I'd share how I made my DIY Bridesmaid proposal bags with you all. As a university student, our wedding is on a pretty strict budget and a lot of our wedding will be DIY. When I asked my girls to stand by my side I wanted to make something nice for them, but also that wouldn't break the bank. I ended up making these beautiful gift bags for under $40 for all of them (I have six in my bridal party). The contents were:

1) A glass with their role written on it. I bought a metallic glass pen from Michael's, printed off a strip with the words, taped that on the inside of the glass and simply traced away! They turned out amazing and are safe to wash. I used the same pen to write everyone's names on their gift bags.

2) A few small bath bombs. Here you can DIY, but I found a deal on a jar of them at Winners, so I used those. They were rose petal bath bombs, smelled so great!

3) Some pamper products: a charcoal face mask and a nose peel strip. Both of these things came in packs of 6 at Winners so it didn't break the bank, I just split the packs between everyone.

4) A few bags of a nice herbal tea. I got my girls a strawberry flavored tea.

Then I added all the items into a bag with tissue paper the color of the wedding, blush! Then I made some DIY cards, printing personal messages on card-stock. I finished off the cards by swiping them with a big of pink watercolors.

Just a great way to make your girls feel special without breaking the bank! Thought some other people might like to have their go at this DIY. I'll share the rest of my wedding DIY's as I make them Smiley smile

diy Bridesmaid Proposal Bags 1diy Bridesmaid Proposal Bags 2diy Bridesmaid Proposal Bags 3

11 Comments

Latest activity by Elizabeth, on February 5, 2018 at 19:19
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Making your own centerpieces is a great idea! My future mother in law is a potter and she's making us vases for ours Smiley laugh

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They are really easy to use and the pens draw amazing! I got them at Michaels when I had a 40% off coupon, since they are about $10 each.

• Kat
    Curious September 2018 Manitoba
    Kat ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What a great idea!!! I only have my maid of honor and wanted a nice way to ask her!! Thank you!!!
  • Katherine
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's awesome! I want to make alot of things for my wedding too. I'd like to make the centrepieces in a rustic theme.

• Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love those glasses. What a great idea to put a gift bag together for your bridesmaids. I’m sure they will love it! Great job.
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They look amazing!! Your were really creative with using the marker on the glasses, b/c its so expensive when purchasing it at a store. Great job!!

• Amanda
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You did Amazing!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very cool! Good idea with the tracing on the glasses. I might have to consider that for some of my signs!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What sweet gifts! Some strawberry tea and a bath bomb are exactly what I want right now, hehe!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very lovely! I bet they were all really touched and impressed!

• Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So creative! They turned out greatSmiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics