Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Newbie May 2020 Ontario

diy Back Drop for Window

Nicole, on July 5, 2019 at 15:02 Posted in DIY 1 7

Hi there,We are getting married at The Guild Inn next year and are planning on having out head table again the big windows (less doors than this). I am trying to think of something that we can hang behind us to make it feel more wedding-esque but still using the windows as the view is great. Big drapery rentals are far to expensive to have someone come in and set it up for us. Any ideas??
windowsdiy Back Drop for Window 1

7 Comments

Latest activity by Donna, on January 8, 2021 at 05:53
  • Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is beautiful but I just went to a wedding at Guild Inn and I thought it was nice that they did not use the windows as a backdrop for their head table because they had access to the patio. It was nice not to have to go behind the head table to get outside. Just a thought!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only thing to do is putting material towards the walls to shine behind the Head Table and have the windows still showing. Pillers with lights under the material would also give that appeal as night time gets dark and the lights are still bright.

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this would look beautiful Nicole!! It would make a beautiful backdrop and stop the huge bare window look, while still letting a lot of light in. Sounds ideal to me!

• N
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah! That’s amazing to hear. I was so offended when someone told me that when I showed them so started back peddling!
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Tacky!? Nooo, I think it looks stunning! Mine is looking amazing so far! 🙂
  • N
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is what I was thinking! But someone mentioned to me it could look tacky... rude. How does your look???
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am making a wax paper backdrop. It’s super cheap, just takes a lot of time and patience. Depending on how far away your wedding it, it’s do able. I got about 80 strands done in 2 or 3 weeks working on it for a couple hours each day.
    It looks so pretty against a window!

diy Back Drop for Window 2

diy Back Drop for Window 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics