Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sadia
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Dish on the underwear!

Sadia, on December 15, 2019 at 14:59 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11
Hi guys!
My alteration girl recommended that I bring in my exact wedding day undergarments when I come in for my fittings and I was so deep in the other little wedding plans that I totally blanked out on my undies.

What’s everyone wearing under their dresses? And any good brands you recommend? I’m lowkey itching to try Kim’s SKIMS brand lol.
Does anyone recommend those super tight shorts that come up to your waist? Not sure what they’re called, but my dress has a really tiny waist lol!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on December 20, 2019 at 11:25
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have cups in my dress and im just wearing a regular thong like i normally do lol!!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just wore a nude thong. The same brand I wear every single day. Nothing special. Had bra cups sewn into my dress.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore white granny panties LOL They were cotton with a little lace around the edge. I just wanted to be comfy and my dress was poofy enough I didn't have to worry about people seeing a line or anything. I did wear a sticky bra as well and GIRL It melted off me. I ended up using duct tape with it and that worked good but it didn't stick well throughout the whole night

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just wore white underwear Smiley tongue The boobs were kept up by the dress alterations and then the back of my dress went pretty low so shorts or anything like that would be a no go! I would just say to make sure that you feel comfortable in it though - wearing spanx may be great for pictures but you're most likely going to want them off part way through the night

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had cups sewn into my dress so I didn't have to worry about a bra. As for underwear, I was thinking of wearing shapewear, but honestly I didn't want to worry about anything riding up and becoming uncomfortable. My dress had a lot of detail so you couldn't see lines or anything, so I just wore a light coloured thong that I knew was comfy. To be honest, they came off closer to the end of the night because it was too annoying to go to the bathroom and worry about pulling them up and down LOL

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had bra cups sewn into my dress so I was bra less for fittings, but wore shape wear (Those tight short that go up to your waist) to my fittings. I bought Spanx which are really comfy and did the job - plus I've used them since for other dresses. For undies, I had a seamless pair from La Senza that I had on - wore them for my boudoir shoot as well.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I keep seeing a brand called honeylove advertise their shape wear, it looks incredible and surprisingly comfortable. So I'm thinking of getting that just for the comfort and support. My dress is a ballgown so I don't really need to be wearing shape wear, but I'm the kind of girl who always wears bike shorts under dresses because my thighs chafe.

I can't wear a bra with my dress because of all the illusion lace, but I'm a small cup size so I'm probably just going to have the top taken in so its tight fitting since there are already pads where cups would get sewn in

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a great idea!
  • Cash
    Curious May 2022 British Columbia
    Cash ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im wearing a sticky bra, because my dress has a sweetheart and low back and normal nude panties under my dress... but I'm having my MOH help me change into something a little sexier right before my hubby and I make our grand exit... just something special so thay he's not turned off by the sticky bra, which he hates with a passion lol.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't thought about it too much yet but I'm thinking just white/ivory or nude cheekies from Aerie or maybe Victoria's Secret for something a little sexier. But I haaaate wearing thongs. My dress is an A-line so I shouldn't have to wear spanx or other shapewear and it's low-backed so definitely going braless too.

I don't have any experience with shapewear but I've heard it doesn't bring in your waist at all - it just smooths everything out so it's great for fit and flares and mermaid dresses.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been going to my fittings in a nude seamless thong. I bought a few of them at aerie and they're a decent match for my skin tone so they blend in. They're also really comfy, I went back and bought them in other colors too!

I am going braless in my dress as it is backless, and it fits well enough without spanx or shape wear.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics