Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Newbie September 2018 Alberta

Dinner: Pizza?

Faith, on May 3, 2018 at 21:53 Posted in Wedding reception 0 15
Hi! So I’m having a really low budget wedding (under $5000) for everything. I was wondering. Is having pizza as the dinner trashy or tacky? Is there ways to make it classy? It’s so much cheaper and we can add sides like salad, breads, and dessert to it.

Thoughts?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on May 10, 2018 at 19:51
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How many guests are you anticipating? There's lots of ways to jazz up pizza to make it look more wedding appropriate, so you do you.

• Nikki
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do it! I love fun food themed weddings. We're doing tacos, sliders and poutine with a salad bar for dinner and then late night pizza 😁
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends on the environment and the guests coming to your wedding. Not everyone will agree with a pizza dinner and others will love it. But if you really buckle down and look at all your options, they could beendless. If your feeling pizza is trashy or tacky you could always have a pot luck, variety of starts, a bbq, a food truck!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could do nicer pizzas. Like brick oven style.
    Or even do flatbreads. Which is the same thing. Just a different shapr and size.
    Pizza does sound like a good option. Especially if you are doing other food items with it
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it’s a good idea, especially if your venue is a little more casual. You could also do a “pizza bar” and have extra toppings people can add or dipping sauces

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think its your wedding and you should do what makes you happy. I don't know anyone who doesn't like pizza, so I think your guest will enjoy it Smiley smile. Theres no rules to planning your wedding.

Heres an inspiration picture! Smiley smileDinner: Pizza? 1

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do what you feel comfortable with. Pizza is life! Just do a nice set up at the table for it.

Also doing a wedding where I don't intend to break the bank. Doing things my way although I'm self-conscious about everything because society has put expensive expectations for weddings. I'm getting catering from a local place.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree! A bit of a higher end pizza would be amazing!!! And it's not tacky at all I can't even imagine how many people would love a pizza party wedding that sounds great!! And what an easy way to cover everyone with different varieties and options! There's a place by me called Panago Pizza, they are amaaaaaaazing!!! And have some interesting options!!! Chipotle chicken and corn on a pizza? YES PLEASE!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you should do whatever you want to do... or are able to do. The people who matter won't judge you, and if they do, who cares?

I'd go full out with it. Multi-height tiers, rustic home made signs... "I love you with every pizza my heart"...

The way you present it, and have that "laid back" fun theme continue throughout the rest of the wedding is key. Maybe try not to make it "elegant", and then pizza, haha. It would stand out. But if the overall vibe is cozy, fun, and a little 'shabby chic', then it can look really cute!

Dinner: Pizza? 2

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't go for Pizza Pizza sort of Pizza.. but you can get 'fancier' pizzas that can seem a bit more high end.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think pizza is great! I would totally be up for that! If you want to make it more "classy", you can either take them out of boxes and rent a few heat lamps. You could also make homemade pizzas ahead of time and freeze them. It could save you some money as well. I would say this is "classier" because you put the effort into it.

Really though, most people love pizza, and I don't think they would be upset if it wasn't "classy".

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pizza is a great idea! Almost everyone loves pizza! I say go for it. I would love to go to a wedding that served pizza. Sounds fun.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love pizza and all, but i don't know if this is something i'd want to eat unless they were small, hors d'oeurves sized.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I kind of think that people are much more accepting of you doing what you want with your wedding nowadays. There may be some guests who think it’s tacky, but I think there will be plenty of guests who think it’s really fun and think you’re really unique for doing something different. I have a friend who bought a bunch of buckets of chicken from KFC for her wedding. If you want to do it, I think you should go for it. I think that if you want to make it seem fancier, don’t present it with the box (or get personalized wedding pizza boxes).
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love pizza so I’d be happy lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics