Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Dinner Music

Hank, on May 18, 2020 at 17:46 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8

What's everyone doing for music during the non-dancing parts of the reception? Are you getting a DJ to play standard pop tunes and ballads or will it be something with less vocals like instrumental tracks or a live musician/band?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on May 20, 2020 at 09:48
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We gave our DJ a playlist of some music that we both like (my DH put it together on Spotify for her). The music genre we used was "oldies" - this is the playlist he made: Spotify Oldies Playlist. Of course, keep in mind that the one song "He's a Demon - He's a Devil - He's a Doll" was really fitting for us, but the rest are just really good smooth oldies Smiley smile

(Because our last name is Doll...)

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What are they playing for the dinner portion?

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We hired a DJ so they will be playing music!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made multiple playlists for pre-ceremony, post-ceremony, and party/dancing. We have arranged for two friends to emcee so I wanted to make it easier for them, they can just select the playlist! I didn't want to hear the same songs on a loop, so I made a few playlists. Now that we've postponed the party I have a whole lot more time to add to them!
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve got a cello / piano duo for cocktails and then a band for the dance. The band won’t play during dinner but they are taking care of background music. I’ll probably defer to them to curate an appropriate playlist - but I definitely don’t want anything too overwhelming!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just asked dj to play soft music. Whatever she wants really. As long as everyone can have a conversation im not to worried about it.
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hired a band and they are going to play soft jazz during the dinner.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my opinion i would go with something soothing and not super loud so guests can still enjoy conversing with others at their table.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics