View quoted message
    Thank you Kelly
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Alexandra for sharing your story. From your perspective it makes sense. I was sorta thinking the same thing
  • Alexandria
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Alexandria Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sent digital invites through greenvelope.com to my "younger" or "hip" guests, sort of anyone under 35 who wouldn't be offended. Some of them I explained ahead of time so that they would know why we were doing that (I said, it's more eco-friendly based on printing and production, it's going to go in the recycling bin anyways so what's the point, etc.)

In hindsight, as we sent the hard-copies to the older people anyways, I should have just sent them to everyone. My best friends asked, "When are you going to send out the invitations?" even though they received email ones, and so then I sent them hard-copies...seeing that as a hint that they were expecting one anyway....

Just save yourself the hassle and do all hardcopies.

I made my own and printed them on my computer on nice paper and the cost wound up being the same roughly if I just printed them for everyone. Just hand-deliver where possible to save on postage!!!

• S
    Shannon Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No, I already collected a few email address. I don't think there is anyone on my list that would not be familiar with the internet. It could really work.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No we used paperlesspost.com
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Paperless post!

Can set up online RSVPs though it.

You can track if all your invites were sent successfully, and see who has opened the email.

Super easy. tons of options. We used them for our save the dates and our rehearsal dinner invites (with the rsvp function).

• S
    Shannon Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed everyone is moving forward in the electronic world. Just wish people could let go of the idea that things need to be a certain way.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yess!! i love these! so many people have been doing it. it saves a TON of money as well!

• Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My biggest regret has been sending paper invites even though I got a great deal. Just a waste of paper, stamps and money. Should have sent e-invites and followed up with a phone call for the older crowd! We did get everyone to RSVP online which I highly recommend!

• S
    Shannon Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes for our website. Not the invitation themself.
  • Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Did you use ww?
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did it and no regrets! Plus, we could see who had opened it and who hadn’t yet and could let them know to check their email. There was also the option to rsvp through the email but we turned that off. I recommend! Hardly anyone keeps invitations anyway. And if someone really wanted to keep it, they could print it off themselves.
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, go with what you prefer and what suits your situation! I did digital save the dates and then I’m doing paper invites because I have a lot of older cousins and relatives who don’t have Facebook. I see lots of people doing digital now and I know it’s definitely possible - just a matter of getting everyone’s email or contact... and if there’s the odd person who REALLY doesn’t use the internet, you could call them with the info or mail them. 😊
    Do you think getting the emails will be difficult?!
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Elizabeth Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going paper with invites but with our wedding website to RSVP! I know our older family members look forward to the paper invites!
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing digital. We are having a small wedding so we didn't see the point in spending money on paper when everyone that is invited already knows our plans; the invitation online is just so they have a reminder of all the info they've already been told in one place.
  • S
    Shannon Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Splitting up the job is a great idea.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our plan is paper invites and an email to RSVP to. I love getting mail that isn't bills and a lot of our relatives want them for keepsakes.
  • S
    Shannon Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Vinod, i mean if someone does not to come to our wedding because we sent a digital invite, then so be it. Kinda thinking. But there is a part of me that knows better and should send the paper invites. Mostly because I am a mature bride in a mature crowd.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is what you want, go for it. Its your day and your decision to go in the direction best fits you. Its becoming common to go digital these days as the cost is being saved on postage.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    FH and I had wanted to go full digital, but after having sent our save the dates digitally, we found out that many of the older crowd didn't receive them because they aren't too keen on keeping up to date on their emails. So we've opted to go traditional paper for the invites so to make sure everyone receives them when they should. But if you know your crowd and have no doubts that they'll receive them then go for it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics