Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Did you meet your partner online?

Joey, on October 10, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 28

Did you meet your special someone online? Was it love at first click? Who messaged who first? How did they get you to swipe right?

Was the start of your relationship analog or digital?

Did you meet your partner online? 1

Photo by Devee Photography in Parksville

28 Comments

Latest activity by Jane, on July 7, 2021 at 05:12
  • Katelyn
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I met online. I was just about to take a break from online dating (small community, lots of crummy selection), and his friend had actually created a dating profile for him (while drunk, which just adds to the hilarity) and messaged a bunch of women “hey”. My fiancé proceeded to freak out because he read my profile, which mentioned to not just hit me with a “hey”, because I won’t respond. Well I checked out his profile, liked what I saw, and messaged him back. We set up a coffee date later that week, and we’ve been pretty inseparable for the past 3 1/2 years. Our wedding day is actually 4 days before the 4 year anniversary of our first date.

Did you meet your partner online? 2
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met online 18+ years ago, before that was a thing that was even common. I think it was March 2001. Time flies!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on Plenty of Fish. He messaged me first. I saw that he was looking at my profile so then I checked his out and he seemed very interesting and cute. I had to go to class though so I didn’t have time to message him and told myself I’d do it after class, when I returned though he had beat me to it. We talked for a bit through messages on there and then exchanged numbers and moved into texting and endless rounds of trivia crack. Then he asked if I wanted to meet for dinner and the rest is history.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on plenty of fish. He messaged me first. We actually had a miscommunication and had stopped talking for about a month. Then he messaged me again asking if we could meet. He's really close with his mom and I found out later on that he had told her about me and she had told him to try talking to me again.
  • Katelyn
    Newbie May 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on eHarmony andi messaged him first. His profile stood out to me because he had several pictures with family and no shirtless pics. Smiley winking
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met at work, kind of. We didn’t work at the same company, but worked in the same mall (back in our retail days). I was working for Armani and he worked for Telus. He shopped at Armani a lot, and my phone provider is Telus - the rest is history.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at work, we had known each other a few years before dating. He was super awkward and instead of asking me for my number he asked my friend.

• Yuni
    Newbie August 2019 Nova Scotia
    Yuni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I met. My fiancee on Okcupid. Smiley laugh I believe he messaged me first. We moved to texting , video chat for 6 months , it was kind of hard cus I live in anotehr side of the world ( Indonesia ) and he is from Canada. we met up in person in my country after 6 months , spent holiday for a month there then I move to Canada a year later he propose me and we getting married on June 2019 Smiley smile

so many people judging me why i would date a person who live in another side of the world lol

but things works perfectly Smiley smile and i cant wait for the big day!

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met through YouTube. He made silly news-style videos in his bedroom back in Ireland, and I randomly subscribed. I watched and commented on his channel from my dorm room in Ottawa. We talked as friends through Facebook, YouTube, Skype and MSN Messanger (of all things!) for 2 years before I came to visit him in Ireland for the first time. As soon as we met in person, we knew that was it. He's a Canadian permanent resident now and we've officially been together for 7 years. Next August, we will marry each other on the exact day of our 8th year of being together, and we will have been best friends for 10 years at that point.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on bumble! I swiped first - he was newly single and I was super super hesitant but when I learned the upsetting story of him being cheated on while getting his law degree I opted not to hold it against him. We’ve been together ever since Smiley smile
  • Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love seeing all the online & especially tinder meets!
    We met on tinder, I was visiting family in Calgary, from Australia. Had tinder downloaded and one day just went for a swipe. We both swiped right and he started chatting to me. We chatted for a couple weeks and then went on our first date a couple weeks before I had to fly home.
    We did the long distance thing for almost a year until I went over to Canada for 6 months to give us a real shot. 6 months later I brought him back to Australia with me! And here we are!!

83 days out from our big day in Canada surrounded but tonnes of family and friends!!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't, but that's how my sister met her husband Smiley heart

• Emily
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on Tinder! 😂 we actually went to the same high school, but he was a few years older and we never crossed paths (1300 kids, it’s not really surprising). We connected a few years later and I’m very thankful that we did.
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is such a special story! It sound like you were meant to find each other.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on Planetromeo and he messaged me first. It went on for about a month until he drive down to meet me in person. It was love at first sight which i never believed in ever. Since then we have been together and i moved to Alliston 6 months after ib May.
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at match.com. I had been living a happy single life for 4 years and so was he. We both decided we were ready for new relationships. Later I found out that it's his first time on online dating and he signed up just a week ahead of me. He hadn't met any other women in person and I had not met any men in person either. We started with emails for a week, then started texting. We met in person 2 weeks after he initially contacted me. It was supposed to be just a 15 minutes morning coffee date. But it turned out to be lunch, walked on the seawall and then dinner. He proposed to me 8 month later.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met on Tinder actually. I had just gotten out of a serious relationship and really was not looking for anything. After about 2 weeks however I never went home again haha. Our first date we got Slurpees and walked a beautiful trail with a ravine. Then he took me to a dive bar for a beer. We took our engagement photos last week in that same trail!

• S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had kind of assumed online was the only way I was gonna meet someone at that point, but my Fiance and I actutally did meet IRL! We met playing soccer. He subbed on my team and I thought he was cute so I went all middle school on him and dished to two mutual friends that are known blabber mouths hahaha

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I met my FH on Tinder of all things.. be both swiped right Smiley winking hahah but honestly, I messaged him first and we chatted for a little bit on there and then I asked him if he would like to go for coffee.. we sat in Tim Hortons for almost 3 hours talking.. he mostly talked about being in the military and how he doesnt trust a lot of people and it was kind of blah blah blah.. he talked a lot LOL

but he asked if he could see me again, and there was just something about him that made me feel safe and I loved that. he could make me laugh really easy and I wanted to get to know his heart, under that big tough guy look. and now, a year and a half later we are getting married! he is such an incredible man and I couldn't be happier.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haha the odds should have been that we’d meet online since we both were signed up for those dating sites, but we ended up meeting at work.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met at work!! I had a HUUUUGE crush on him for a while and built up the courage to bring some mistletoe to work on Christmas Eve! It worked very well hahah!!!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not online for us. We worked together, I was in another relationship, and when that ended, we started hanging out, very quietly, as we both worked together, and I was his boss's daughter Smiley laugh

He left for another job once we went public, and still almost 6 years later, my dad loves him. Haha.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were introduced by a coworker. We worked together for about 3 months and we just clicked. People knew we were hanging out, but we had to hide the fact that were dating, so that nobody got in trouble.

One morning, our Director asked me how my boyfriend was doing, after getting his wisdom teeth taken out. It definitely caught me off guard, but then reassured me that it was okay and that we were really good a keeping everything professional!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met in person at my ex's roommate's birthday party (that in itself in a long story). About a month me and my ex broke up, he messaged me on Facebook asking me out. I thought it was a little early but I thought "what harm can grabbing coffee be?"

Now we're getting married in almost a year lol

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in person 13 years at university.
    We reconnected via Facebook as just friends, and then about a year later started more frequent chats that eventually turned into phone calls, a year long long distance relationship and then ultimately him moving from the US to Canada. I affectionately call him “The Import”.
  • Heather
    Beginner May 2019 British Columbia
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met. My FH on Okcupid. Smiley laugh I believe he messaged me first. We moved to texting and met up in person a couple days later. He lived not too far from me. We formed a relationship soom after and here we are almost 4 years later and planning a wedding.
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on an app called Whisper. It was an anonymous secret sharing app. I had made a post that was really self-depreciating that day (the day I found my ex husband trying to kill himself and blaming our 10 month old and I for it in the note) and I had my location turned off. I got a lot of replies to it but his stuck out. His was the only one I answered. We talked all night on there and then I asked for his number. That's when we found out we only lived about 40 minutes from each other. We then texted each other all day every day for a year, one of the worst years either of us has had in our lives - lots of deaths and disappointments and struggles, and became best friends in doing so. We met May 4th 2015 on that app. We met in person April 28th (a really hard day for me personally) 2016. He met my daughter May 24 weekend 2016 and we were inseparable ever since.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well I didn't, I met my FH through mutual friends - BUT! But, but,but! My Best Friend Nicole met her first/current boyfriend through bumble! I mean - I know they have only been dating for a few months now but he mentioned the L word very early in the relationship and has already mentioned marriage... so... there's that relationship in the making! Oh, and I'm the one who messaged him for her when she was too shy (all he did was reply to her saying hi....) so I take some of the props in finding him Smiley tongue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics