Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Did you meet your partner online?

Joey, on 10/October/2018 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire

Did you meet your special someone online? Was it love at first click? Who messaged who first? How did they get you to swipe right?

Was the start of your relationship analog or digital?

Did you meet your partner online? 1

Photo by Devee Photography in Parksville

Share:

28 Comments

• Katelyn
    Curious May 2020 British Columbia
    Katelyn ·
    My fiancé and I met online. I was just about to take a break from online dating (small community, lots of crummy selection), and his friend had actually created a dating profile for him (while drunk, which just adds to the hilarity) and messaged a bunch of women “hey”. My fiancé proceeded to freak out because he read my profile, which mentioned to not just hit me with a “hey”, because I won’t respond. Well I checked out his profile, liked what I saw, and messaged him back. We set up a coffee date later that week, and we’ve been pretty inseparable for the past 3 1/2 years. Our wedding day is actually 4 days before the 4 year anniversary of our first date.

Did you meet your partner online? 2
  • Meaghan
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·

We met online 18+ years ago, before that was a thing that was even common. I think it was March 2001. Time flies!

• Caitlyn
    Featured January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    We met on Plenty of Fish. He messaged me first. I saw that he was looking at my profile so then I checked his out and he seemed very interesting and cute. I had to go to class though so I didn’t have time to message him and told myself I’d do it after class, when I returned though he had beat me to it. We talked for a bit through messages on there and then exchanged numbers and moved into texting and endless rounds of trivia crack. Then he asked if I wanted to meet for dinner and the rest is history.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    We met on plenty of fish. He messaged me first. We actually had a miscommunication and had stopped talking for about a month. Then he messaged me again asking if we could meet. He's really close with his mom and I found out later on that he had told her about me and she had told him to try talking to me again.
  • Katelyn
    Newbie May 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    We met on eHarmony andi messaged him first. His profile stood out to me because he had several pictures with family and no shirtless pics. Smiley winking
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    We met at work, kind of. We didn’t work at the same company, but worked in the same mall (back in our retail days). I was working for Armani and he worked for Telus. He shopped at Armani a lot, and my phone provider is Telus - the rest is history.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·

We met at work, we had known each other a few years before dating. He was super awkward and instead of asking me for my number he asked my friend.

• Yuni
    Newbie August 2019 Nova Scotia
    Yuni ·

I met. My fiancee on Okcupid. Smiley laugh I believe he messaged me first. We moved to texting , video chat for 6 months , it was kind of hard cus I live in anotehr side of the world ( Indonesia ) and he is from Canada. we met up in person in my country after 6 months , spent holiday for a month there then I move to Canada a year later he propose me and we getting married on June 2019 Smiley smile

so many people judging me why i would date a person who live in another side of the world lol

but things works perfectly Smiley smile and i cant wait for the big day!

• Marissa
    Devoted August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    We met through YouTube. He made silly news-style videos in his bedroom back in Ireland, and I randomly subscribed. I watched and commented on his channel from my dorm room in Ottawa. We talked as friends through Facebook, YouTube, Skype and MSN Messanger (of all things!) for 2 years before I came to visit him in Ireland for the first time. As soon as we met in person, we knew that was it. He's a Canadian permanent resident now and we've officially been together for 7 years. Next August, we will marry each other on the exact day of our 8th year of being together, and we will have been best friends for 10 years at that point.
  • Kelsie
    Featured July 2020 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    We met on bumble! I swiped first - he was newly single and I was super super hesitant but when I learned the upsetting story of him being cheated on while getting his law degree I opted not to hold it against him. We’ve been together ever since Smiley smile
  • Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    I love seeing all the online & especially tinder meets!
    We met on tinder, I was visiting family in Calgary, from Australia. Had tinder downloaded and one day just went for a swipe. We both swiped right and he started chatting to me. We chatted for a couple weeks and then went on our first date a couple weeks before I had to fly home.
    We did the long distance thing for almost a year until I went over to Canada for 6 months to give us a real shot. 6 months later I brought him back to Australia with me! And here we are!!

83 days out from our big day in Canada surrounded but tonnes of family and friends!!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·

I didn't, but that's how my sister met her husband Smiley heart

• Emily
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Emily ·
    We met on Tinder! 😂 we actually went to the same high school, but he was a few years older and we never crossed paths (1300 kids, it’s not really surprising). We connected a few years later and I’m very thankful that we did.
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    View quoted message
    That is such a special story! It sound like you were meant to find each other.
  • Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    We met on Planetromeo and he messaged me first. It went on for about a month until he drive down to meet me in person. It was love at first sight which i never believed in ever. Since then we have been together and i moved to Alliston 6 months after ib May.
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·

We met at match.com. I had been living a happy single life for 4 years and so was he. We both decided we were ready for new relationships. Later I found out that it's his first time on online dating and he signed up just a week ahead of me. He hadn't met any other women in person and I had not met any men in person either. We started with emails for a week, then started texting. We met in person 2 weeks after he initially contacted me. It was supposed to be just a 15 minutes morning coffee date. But it turned out to be lunch, walked on the seawall and then dinner. He proposed to me 8 month later.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles