Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

Did you help your fiancé(e) pick your engagement ring?

Cliodhna, on October 22, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 24

I love seeing all your gorgeous rings! 😍

Whether you were the one proposing, or the one on the receiving end, was the engagement ring a surprise? Did you and your fiancé(e) pick it together? Or perhaps some (not so!) subtle hints about the dream engagement ring were dropped over time? 😉

Did you help your fiancé(e) pick your engagement ring? 1

Photo by Yurko Photography in Bowmanville, Ontario

24 Comments

Latest activity by Kimberly, on March 5, 2020 at 19:44
  • Kimberly
    Curious September 2023 British Columbia
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did you help your fiancé(e) pick your engagement ring? 2

This was my fiance's mothers engagement ring. She passed away long before I was able to meet her. Sadly my future FIL passed away about a year and a half ago, but before he passed, he gave this beauty to my fiance to give to me. It means so much to me, and I feel so honoured that I get to wear it.
  • P
    Newbie February 2021 Yucatán
    PaoMv ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Randomly one day at the mall He asked me which kind/style of ring I like, I showed him 3 different ones. Didn’t talk about it again. And a year after that he proposed to me at Isla Mujeres in Cancun, Mexico with the most gorgeous ring ever! He actually picked my favourite style of all 3 I showed him a year ago. 😍
  • K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He chose the ring- but he had asked some questions prior to, regarding style, colour, amount of stones... in the end, I requested he choose it himself. I wanted him to see something and be inspired. And he did. And it’s gorgeous ❤️
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I chose my ring! I found one I loved ages ago and made sure he knew about it but left the rest up to him.

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I chose mine! I also wanted to make sure I really loved something, as I didn't want a traditional diamond. But the morganite stone was a little too pale in colour. He had free range to pick another colour of stone. He was happy to choose a different one and surprise me with it.

• Kadi
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Kadi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I picked mine out!! Well my friend is a jeweler and we went to her shop just to get an idea of what style I'd like. Completely fell in love with the first ring she out on my finger to we bought it right then and there. The engagement was a few months after and a total surprise. It was a Friday after work so I looked like garbage. Haha. won't get into to much detail but it ended with him shoving the ring half on my finger and running away to wash his face because his eyes where 'watering' 🤣😂
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did help pick my engagement ring out but that was his choice to have me help! He proposed to me with a placeholder ring while we were on vacation, so I got to pick the real one when we returned home Smiley smile

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did you help your fiancé(e) pick your engagement ring? 3

I helped, but he kept me guessing up until about half an hour before he proposed!
    He asked me to make a Pinterest board of inspiration, and when we went to get my finger sized I tried on a few and I fell in love! It turns out he left work early the next day to buy the ring (which shocked the associate who had helped us, she wasn't expecting him back so soon!)
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not at all, I briefly mentioned the website he bought it from one time because I follow them on instagram but I never considered it a hint or anything.

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was a total surprise. She shopped on her own and I shopped in my own. I know her taste as she knows mine
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't help him pick out the ring. He had asked me once when we had first started dating what kind of ring that I like and that was it. He proposed about 9 months later and the ring is perfect.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We looked at some together and i showed him what style i wanted and then he got it from somewhere!

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had gone out looking together a couple of times and I had no idea what I truly wanted, until one day I went alone to look and I found the one I LOVED. so I took him to look at it the next day and he asked me a hundred times if I was sure that was what i wanted (I had changed my mind a few times prior haha) and I said YES! then we left lol and I wasn't told when he was buying the ring so it would still be a surprise. then about 3ish weeks later he popped the question Smiley smile yay!

but I was strictly told I had to delete all the pics I took of the ring so I would have time to forget exactly what it looked like hahaha. in the end im soo glad I got to help pick it because he showed me the other one he wanted to get me and I reaaaally didn't like it as much. obviously I would have been happy either way but im glad he went with the one I feel in love with Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I gave him a picture of the ring I loved from Tiffany and he then designed his own ring that was similar to the Tiffany one.
  • K
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sent my fiancé a few pictures a reallyyyyy long time ago but then I stopped because I wanted to make sure I wasn't pressuring him in any way. Fast forward a few years later, he completely took me by surprise and designed my engagement ring! Smiley love I honestly could not have pictured a more perfect ring for myself!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did help him, at his request.
    He asked me to send him pictures of what I liked. He told me I was allowed to send him one picture a month hahaha! So he has a folder in his emails with monthly ring pictures!
    In the end, he surprised me with one of the two rings/styles I absolutely love and I'm beyond happy with it!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband picked it out all by himself! (Still feels weird to say the H word lol)

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I showed him pictures similar to what I wanted and gave him the stones I wanted him to use. He took it from there and designed a gorgeous ring.
  • Kelsey
    Curious July 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Together! We decided we wanted to get engaged in 2019, so in March we went shopping and each picked out our own engagement rings, split the cost, and then I held on to them until I surprised my girlfriend with the proposal in July. So of course she knew we had the rings, but part of the proposal included an elaborate ruse so she was still surprised!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sent FH a bunch of photos of what I liked - which were consistently oval solitaires - and had told him that I liked the idea of Moissanite instead of a diamond and he took it from there. Not exactly much room left for error lol.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was all prepared to maybe give him a couple guidelines if he asked for them, and then Peoples came out with their Disney Enchanted line of jewellery and that idea just went out the window. I saw the Elsa ring online and I just thought it was so cool (pun intended) that it was shaped like a snowflake and the fact that it was also Disney made it so it as 'me' as a piece of jewellery could possibly be. I tried it on during a curious shopping trip and I almost cried.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sent him a ton of pictures of what I wanted, and he went from there. I am a very simple person, so I didn't want anything over the top, he did a great job making sure the ring was simple and beautiful

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had given FH soooo many ideas as to what I wanted lol but he decided to go with one that I would never have chosen on my own. His thinking was that he wanted it to be a complete surprise and not something he could just pick up from anywhere. Him and I are also similar in our style tastes, so he went with one that he liked. In the end, I'm glad he did it that way since it was all him that chose it, so it has more meaning in a way now.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Designed it together! Since I proposed to him we were able to have our rings custom made which meant I gave him my wants (heart shape solitaire) and he did the rest! Then he did the designs for our wedding bands all on his own Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics