Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jillian
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Details Card with Save the Date for Destination wedding

Jillian, on December 27, 2018 at 10:30 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18

Has anyone sent a details card with their save the dates for a destination wedding?

I don't want the save the date to be too cluttered, and I feel if we put the wedding website on the back, people will not see it.

We have our hotel block off's already and once those are booked we will eventually need to add more. And it will also be an adult only wedding. I want to make sure our guests know this before they book and plan thinking we may have kids invited. So I would really like to emphasize them looking on our website to see.

So I was thinking for the out of town guests/older guests, to include a details card with hotel info and wedding website and then for the local guests we could include the website on the back of the save the date.

Looking for some advice!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Lydia, on January 6, 2019 at 09:57
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For the majority of our guests our wedding would be a destination wedding and we ran into the same problem as you're having right now. We ended up just put the wedding website down and no details and a lotttt of people actually visited the website. We got a lot of people talking abtut the website and some even already rsvpd right then
  • Erin
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m putting the website on the back. But I feel like people will see it !!! People inspect both sides and choose which one to “put up on the fridge” alternatively you could get a second card the size of a business card with more details

Details Card with Save the Date for Destination wedding 1

Details Card with Save the Date for Destination wedding 2
  • Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I decided against save the dates and just asked everyone to RSVP via the website on my invitations. I stated all wedding details are on the website as well. This simplified things, saved a bit of money and ensures everyone will visit the website.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is what we did. We had the bulk of the info on the website when we sent the (electronic) save the dates, and by the time we sent the invites the website had been finalized with details, FAQ’s etc.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save the dates seems unneeded if you include all the information on the details card to your guests. I have seen trifold cards that can hold more information and hold detail cards on the bottom portion so that you have the website covered and RSVP too. It makes it simpler and easy to know there isn't anything more to receive.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If it were me, I'd utilize a wedding website, and on the Save the Date, put "Please visit our wedding website for ALL of the details!"

If you want to include the information in hard copy, definitely do a separate details insert. Because of the nature of a destination wedding, it's definitely okay to do your details insert with the StD, instead of waiting for the invitation.

• T
    Beginner July 2019 Ontario
    TIANNA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sent my save the date simple just the regular info that is on it and then i used cardstock and included a little card with all the details for travel and booking in the same envelop
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like you could get away with having these details on the back of your save-the-date rather than doing two different cards.

You could include a link to your wedding website too for those who may require additional information (and also provide a phone number for any non-computer folks you're inviting).

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, a lot of relatives already booked hotel rooms and others are following suit. A lot of people keep asking about the date and hotel rooms so we figured to send out a details card with save the dates.

• Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    With your save the date?
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My friend did a destination wedding. and her invite was like a boarding pass. it was awesome!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a details card for a hotel room block since 75% of our guests will have to travel/book a hotel room
  • Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome okay thanks!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We gave a little write up with our save the dates for people needing to travel. Our wedding just happens to be at the same time as a huge choir festival every summer that comes to my town. My town has a population of 11,000 and between the festival and general tourism we end up with a population of **** so I briefly explained that and said to book asap and gave a short list of places to stay! No one thought it was too much and they all loved it
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ya! Like this:

Passport Save The DateDetails Card with Save the Date for Destination wedding 3

Or if you don't want the whole folded aspect of it, what about a ticket looking Save The Date where you can simply add 18+ on it as well as the wedding website?

Airplane Ticket Save The DateDetails Card with Save the Date for Destination wedding 4

• Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am making them and we aren't having our picture, just writing but thanks for the suggestion! Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What about having the details on the back of the save the date? Or you could make your save the date like a regular Christmas/Birthday card with your photo and typical save the date stuff on the front and then open it up for all your details and website!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Really you can do whatever you want. I personally wouldn't mind a details card if I knew I had to travel.

on the save the date, I would put the wedding website. and then I would do a details card for the older/non computer people with hotel info (so in my case it would be about 10 cards).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics