Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Madisyn
Expert February 2020 Ontario

Decorating wedding party table

Madisyn, on November 28, 2019 at 12:39 Posted in Wedding reception 0 15
Hi ladies! I'm looking for some ideas and inspiration on how to decorate (if at all) our bridal party table. We will be sitting with our 3 bridesmaids, 3 groomsmen and their spouses. There will only be 4 round tables of 10 at our wedding. Is it even worth it to make our table different from the rest? I was thinking of placing a small "Mr and Mrs" sign on the table, but I'm thinking that might look odd since it's round and will have a centerpiece anyway...

All thoughts and opinions welcome! 😊 Thank you!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Madisyn, on December 1, 2019 at 11:22
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really like the bouquet vases idea, and our table number frame is going to be bigger than the rest. Plenty of other good ideas to make it stand out a bit. Thanks so much! 😊
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! Sounds like your setup is going to be beautiful! You'll have to share a photo of the finished product. 😊

Differentiating place settings is an interesting idea... Thank you!
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Given that it's a destination wedding we are trying to keep packed decor to a minimum, and we can't use real candles on the beach. I would have loved to do a gorgeous candle centerpiece though! Great idea!
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have seen the chair options, too. We are keeping an eye out for tabletop or chair signs that we love 😊 thank you!
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your input! I think we will possibly get the sign if we are able to find one we love. 😊
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I LOVE that idea! We are definitely going to get vases for the bouquets. Thanks so much! 😊
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think we are going to keep it simple, too. We don't want to have to travel with too many decorations. Glad to hear someone else is keeping it low-key! 😊
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For sure I would step up your table a bit. Even if it's just a little bit bigger centerpiece, holders for your flowers, different linens anything to make you feel special. It's your day you can do anything you want practically.
  • Tina
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've got a whole lot of ideas rattling around in my head about this, but nothing solidified. My venue comes with a white backdrop (pipe and drape) so one thing I'm thinking is a lit monogram on the backdrop. I'm bringing in a lot of lighting from work, so I can just print a gobo of our monogram and project it in colour on the white backdrop. (Modern LED Source 4s don't need special metal gobos - you can just print on acetate and stick it in front of the light for about $2/gobo.) No need for anything else, except some uplighting.

I'm also considering using a tulle tableskirt (crazy, I know!) with fairy lights under it and making a holder for my bouquet in front. Something like a regular table skirt clip but with heavy-duty velcro to attach a ring in which the bouquet can sit, so it's kind of hanging in front of the centre of the table. Lots of candles placed randomly on the front as well.

I might add some colour with some coloured tulle in front with white, also lit with fairy lights. Tulle is cheap - about $5/yard if you buy in Canada. If you can get a US PO box, it's closer to $3/yard. Way cheaper than chiffon.

I just realized you're sitting at a round table. Oops! In that case, I might do a larger centrepiece, a little fancier linens (or coloured, if the guests are getting white). Maybe fold/set up the napkins differently. Hope this helps!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You and your table will be the center of the attention no matter what you do, but it might be nice to have your table contrast the others. For example a different table cloth or stepped up version of the other centerpieces.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes make it different and nice. i would add some flower petals and a nice candle centerpeice!! your table HAS to stand out

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think having a Mr and Mrs sign would still look cute at your table - and it'd set it apart from the rest of the round tables. You could have the signs attached to your chairs instead.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think having the "Mr & Mrs" sign will look odd! I would go for it, plus you can have your bouqet on your table in front of you guys as well Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had four glass vases and each of us ladies (3 bridesmaids and myself) put our bouquets in them as we entered the reception.
    I’ve also seen where the head table has a different colour table cloth or table runner-or has a shimmery/glittery one instead of a plain one.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could do the Mr and Mrs signs on your chair. You could always just amp the decorations up that you already have to signify a special table.
    Mine sounds like yours where we have 4 tables of eight. Honestly, we’re not overly decorating our table just because it’s extra effort, but that’s just us.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics