Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alyssa
Curious April 2021 Manitoba

Daytime wedding decorations

Alyssa, on August 28, 2020 at 21:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Hi all!
I’m searching for ideas to decorate my daytime reception. I think candles are very nice, but my venue is full of windows, the ceiling is totally made of them! So I feel like candles wouldn’t be fitting considering the setting... however I am looking for ideas other than flowers. Any suggestions?
Thank you!!!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on September 11, 2020 at 13:40
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not sure if the plants and hung lanterns come with the space but overall, if the chairs and linens are what they are, you need to do very little. Your centerpieces will do just fine. Let the natural light warm your space, especially since you're only doing it during the day.

• Alyssa
    Curious April 2021 Manitoba
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Daytime wedding decorations 1
    Here is a picture! This is somebody else’s wedding, but it’s the only photo I could find online of the space.
  • Emilie
    Curious August 2020 Alberta
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have a specific theme in mind?

I had a daytime wedding as well. My decor (pre-covid) was going to be terrariums surrounded by cards with photos of art made by us. After Covid hit we decided on a picnic themed wedding. We had picnic baskets and the terrariums still happened. Very simple.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes simple is better. Maybe adding table runners in your wedding colors with your centerpieces is enough to decorate while letting the natural light and the room shine for themselves.

I've also seen people who aren't big on flowers use photos to decorate. They had vintage style frames of photos of them throughout the space.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had went with a simple concept of vase, white floral ball, coloured water gels and LED lights. It lit nicely in the night time as our venue had lots if glass tooDaytime wedding decorations 2

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What's your space, can you post a picture? You might be one of the lucky few who don't need any decor if you have a skylight and natural light from windows on the wall, especially if your walls are adorned with fixtures or in a colour that's warm. Just let the natural light do it's thing and have your centerpieces be the focus.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics