Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Devoted October 2019 Ontario

Day of time line

Amanda, on November 4, 2018 at 07:14 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Hello ladies, I am trying to figure out how much time I will need a photographer for on the day of. I want the getting ready photos, the first reveals of both FH and my dad, and the first dance with both FH and dad. We are getting married in the fall so sun will set between 5-6pm, which is perfect for some newlywed shots. Hoping to start dinner around 530-6pm as the ceremony starts 3pm. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on November 5, 2018 at 15:50
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. I didnt even think of it that way.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The extra time is also nice in case something gets delayed. which can happen. my coordinator has seen too many times where things were delayed by an hour or so (5-10 minutes each time adds up) and then the photographer will charge a ridiculous amount for an extra hour or so of time. versus what you could have paid for the longer time package.

and take into account how far things are from each other. and add a bit of time (so if groom to you is only a 10 minute drive. account for 20-30 minutes to be safe).

• A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks that was a lot of help.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a very similar timeline and we got 8 hours- but I’m not super particular about the getting ready photos so we won’t have a ton of those. We talked it over with our photographer and for our timeline he agreed with us that 8 hours would be the perfect amount for us specific.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I looked at the tone frame of the whole day and figured how much time is needed inbetween the wedding and reception.

One hour each grooms got with the family for getting ready and photos. Wedding was 45 minutes. Group pictures took half hour and for us grooms before reception and between dinner. Entrance, mother/sons dance, cake cutting and first dance all 5 minutes each.

All in whole, i had 12 hours of videography and photography.
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are looking at prices and some actually have a decent packages for full day. I know 4 hours is not enough time but 12 hours see like a lot. Yes I would get lots of photos though. I really wish the lady that does our family photos would do weddings. Lol
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did you want getting ready photos for both groom and bride? I would say start at noon, 1 hour for groom, drive to bride, 1.5 hour for bride, head to ceremony for 3pm. 5-6 is dinner and speeches, with a few first dances and parental dances you could probably get away with them being formally done by 8? I think doing any less you would risk missing out on some great photos! 8 hours? We ended up getting 12 hours. Bit the bullet with the extra cost just to ensure we got everything we wanted!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics