Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Newbie May 2019 British Columbia

Day of Help

Courtney, on March 18, 2019 at 17:04 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8

Hi community!

My fiancé and I are having our wedding at a restaurant in May (in Vancouver). The staff should be quite helpful in running the wedding so we were told we wouldn't need a wedding coordinator day of. However, it's becoming apparent that there will be a few things we will need extra help with. For instance, putting the flowers on the tables, hanging up certain decorations, and taking the flowers from the chairs used during the ceremony and repurposing them for the dessert table, etc. My fiancé and mom were originally going to help with these things. But I'm worried it may be a little too much to worry about on the day.

Does anyone have any recommendations of someone we could hire for a few hours on the day to help? They wouldn't need to be an official wedding planning/coordinator. Just someone with a bit of artistic vision who could be an extra set of hands.

We're really trying to keep costs down so look forward to any creative solutions.

Thanks so much!!!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 30, 2019 at 13:30
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know someone who helped make church décor and then used them for the reception hall after with the help of family. I'm guessing after the pictures were done, the décor was taken to the reception hall and set up before the guests showed up. It was minimal for what was done and head table set up with coloured water and bouquet vase holders for each bridesmaid.

• Courtney
    Newbie May 2019 British Columbia
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for everyone's suggestions! I'll start exploring those options. I really appreciate you all sharing your advice. Smiley smile

• Sara
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just hired on Briar from Epic Events for our “day of coordinator “ (though she actually steps in 8 weeks before) .
    She has been lovely so far and seems pretty open to finding an affordable option to help. She gave me two options both within my price point but just included different styles/amounts of help.
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is in the morning so we didn't really have the opportunity to set up things ourselves or by the wedding party. We hired Madaina Weddings to help out the day off. She was by far the cheapest I could find and the most helpful as well. She even comes and pics up everything the day before and offered to help with more things than we actually even needed.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're having a wedding party, they can help; they won't be in all the pictures. I had asked a few friends, who weren't in the wedding party, to help move some of the stuff from the ceremony space to the reception space. I gave them a $20 gift card as a thank you, even though I knew they would do it for free!

Also, for pre-wedding things, the men take, like 5 minutes to get ready! The groom and groomsmen/ushers can hang up the decorations first thing, then go get ready!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say to either ask your wedding party to help out with this or to ask an Aunt or Uncle to help out. I'm sure none of them would turn you down!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would look into friends of friends for this. See if anyone you know knows someone who would be good at this. That way they'd - hopefully - be reliable, and you won't have to feel like you're putting a wedding guest to work. Or check out wedding planners and see if they offer a half-day rate.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have an aunt/god mother/etc that is artistic? You could try enlisting that person's help since they likely won't have to be with you for getting ready/pictures. This is what I'm doing since my godmother is an interior designer who used to work at my venue, along with my venue coordinator.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics