Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Day of Coordinator

Kelly, on September 19, 2018 at 12:39 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

So I'm a dummy. My fiance and I decided that we didn't want to pay our florist for the setup and delivery charges, thinking we would just...you know...do it ourselves. You know how they say hindsight is 20/20? I wish we just said yes to it because it really only saved us $150, and it would have been worth paying that just so it was all taken care of.

I reached out to my florist and said "Hi. I'm dumb. Realized we need you. Hope you're still available." And of course she's not and has a giant wedding the next day and doesn't have time. Kicking myself.

She suggested a day of coordinator. And I really wasn't going to hire one. It sounds lovely. But I'm not sure its in our budget. I don't even know how much they cost. Probably more than $150....

Who's hiring (or has hired) a day-of coordinator? What made you decide to do so, and was it worth it?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Valérie, on September 20, 2018 at 12:45
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am currently looking into this option, to see if it could fit in our budget. So far, the quotes I've been getting have been between $900 to $2,500 taxes incl.

My FH is very much against anything related to the wedding industry, because of the ridiculous markup on all services. He wants our friends/family to help, which I don't think he understands what that entails. ANYWAYS.

I would strongly encourage you to contact them via wedding wire, as some offer a discount for 'finding them' on the website! It's not much, but any money saved is a good thing in my book haha.

I would also ask for a detailed description of the package, so that you can compare before making your decision Smiley smile

• Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was going to hire a day of coordinator but my cousin’s wife will most likely be doing it. Check if one of your family members can do it
  • Joannie
    Curious September 2019 Quebec
    Joannie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a very small and casual wedding and I decided to hire a day off coordinator to save me some stress and tasks. I found someone that just started her business so she’s not charging much (250$ for the whole day) and since she hasn’t done many weddings, she offered to help me look for a venue for free.

I think it’s worth it, it saves you a lot of stress in the long run. If you can’t find one, is there a possibility that you can pick up the flowers the day before the wedding?
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Let me just say this, i wish we'd hired one for our wedding last year.

It would have saved me so much stress.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend asked me to do it last year for her. on top of MC'ing her wedding. luckily at her venue they did the majority of the set up. so I only had a couple of hours of work. and then 3 errands in the AM. she gave me her credit card and all her vendors/people had my number.

i'm sure a good friend or family friend would help you out.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hired a day of coordinator for my wedding next year, she is charging us $650. I just did not want me, or my bridal party, or my mom to worry about anything at all. Vendors showing up on time, tipping them, she will assist with decor set up. We are doing our ceremony and reception in the same space so she can do the change-over. I really think that she will be worth the money.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue has a day-of coordinator included so we have one, and honestly, I'm glad we do!

She is the assistant catering manager of the hotel but every wedding booked there has the option of booking her to communicate with vendors, wedding party and any other VIPs. She'll handle delegating so the day runs smoothly because I know me and my FH won't have time, same with my mom who has done a lot thus far. Luckily, my godmother is doing some of the decorations so she'll work with the coordinator and other vendors to get the place ready to go!

I don't know what they cost outside an all-inclusive package unfortunately, but like others have said, they are probably anywhere around $1000-$1500, with some lower ends being $600.

• Jillian
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could try to see if one will do more of a al le carte and only do setup and take down.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ugh... the cheapest day of planner I could find was $600.... so that's a nope for me! I'm hiring my moms friends to all help out with a task each to make sure it all gets done!
  • Jillian
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are hiring a day of coordinator as well. She will be the point of contact for all vendors/bridal party the day of the wedding, go over and review all contracts, have unlimited emailing throughout our 2 year engagement, handle and create our timeline, set up decor on how we envision it, take down, has 1 assistant, make sure everything runs smoothly, confirms with all vendors prior to the wedding. Our venue also has a coordinator who will be there the day of, but will be looking after anything pertaining to ONLY the venue, like making sure the food and catering is all dealt with, where as our month of coordinator will be the one who looks after the finer details and how WE want our wedding. We found one for $750 tax included. Most of the month of coordinators we talked to ranged from $1000-$1500 +

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have hired a month/day-of coordinator for my wedding! The price all in all will come out to $1,000 even.

I decided to get a planner so that we can really enjoy ourselves and she will be able to handle all of the outside catering that we are having at our venue. As well she is one of the owners of the venue and there is no cell phone signal out there so it would be a whole lot easier for vendors to get in contact with her anyway. She will not only be helping straighten everything up but will be making sure everything is on schedule and that any problems that arise will be dealt with and not stress me out; and trust me - I stress out about SOOO much.

I think the price is a bit high for what she will be contributing but considering it is on the lower end of planners I think that it is fair. I just don't think planners in general should cost this much.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics