Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tyanna
Super June 2019 British Columbia

Dances

Tyanna, on December 15, 2018 at 03:53 Posted in Wedding reception 0 15
Hubby and I have picked out our first dance song and I have picked a song that I want to walk down the aisle to and MAN was that stressful 😂

We have both decided that we want our parents to choose the song for our mother/son and father/daughter dances and I'm so excited to not have to go through the stress of it again (haha) but I'm really looking forward to not knowing what my dad chooses until the day of. I think it will just make it that much more special!

Has anyone else ever done this?

What are you doing for your first dance and processional songs?

My processional song is an instrumental version of Tenerife Sea, and our first dance is The One by Kodaline 💜

15 Comments

Latest activity by Rekramer, on December 20, 2018 at 14:49
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad and i did a choreographed number for our father-daughter dance, so i had to know what it was. he made a couple off-side choices before we settled on "celebration". it was really fun and people loved our dance. for our first dance, we did "say you won't let go" which was a big hit. and for my processional music, we did experience by ludovico einaudi, who is our favourite composer, we've even seen him in concert. for our recessional music (this is the one i'm most proud of), we did the avengers music from the first avengers movie. it was awesome.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my gosh, I could not relinquish control... Haha. Plus my dad wouldn't care, and I wouldn't trust my FMIL Smiley xd But if it's exciting for you that's awesome!!! Just be prepared to bawl your eyes out during your father/daughter dance! Lol

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have not chose a first dance song or even decided if we are doing a first dance. We have chose a song for when I walk down the aisle though. We both love the office so it was perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZX3WjuPq2A&t=83s

• Catherine
    Frequent user July 2020 Quebec
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For our first dance song we really like unchained melody, and will probably go with that. The processional song will like ly be Canon in D. I've always love it, ever since I was a child. However I will still see what my other options are in case I find something I like even more.
    Noo clue for the father daughter dance though, I will likely go over songs with my dad and let him decide. Mother son song will be left for my MIL to choose.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't picked any songs yet. I told my uncle (who is walking me down the aisle and my first dance). that we have to find a first dance song. he was so excited, he made my aunt stay up till 1 am listening/youtubing different songs. hes making his task very important! Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love that idea! Right now I have such a long list but by taking the father daughter dance and mother & son songs out of our list of things to do it would be so much less anxiety!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Tenerife Sea is going to be our first dance song lol! And walking down the aisle will be to Pachabel’s “Canon in d”
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh that is really neat idea! I would want to know beforehand but the surprise will be neat too!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I dont want to know them! A friend of mine is doing the djing but we are doing live music as well and they will be doing the covers of the songs! My step dad is friends with some of the people in the band , so my dad and my MIL will tell him, and my step dad will pass it on to the band Smiley smile
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is such a neat idea!

We haven't chosen any of our songs yet, but definitely have some ideas!
    As for knowing what they choose, our DJ needs our song list a month before so I would know a month in advance. I would also have your dad and future MIL let you know of the song choices as soon as they can think of them!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's a nice touch, having your father/FMIL pick the songs.

I'm still undecided on the processional song, but it'll be a cover. Our first dance will be to Peter Frampton's "Baby, I Love Your Way".

We were going to nix the parent/kid dance entirely, but that ruffled a few feathers. So instead, we'll be combining the dances to 1 song, which is still undecided!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that is such an amazing and sweet idea! I’m not having a father daughter dance, I wish my dad and I were close enough, because your idea sounds so sweet!
    Our processional will be an instrumental version of a Metallica song (I’m not kidding, but it’s honestly beautiful as an instrumental lol) and our first dance is Calico skies by Paul McCartney.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like I would actually be MORE stressed not knowing what they were going to pick! My father and I are choosing our song together, as are my fiance and his mother.

Our recessional song is Alan Doyle's And Take Us Home, and our first dance will be Sam Cooke's You Send Me. They both make me cry. 🤣
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!

My processional song is a cover of Bob Marley’s “I Wann Love You”.

Our recessional song is a continuous loop of the horn riff from an iconic OutKast song.

Luckily we’re not having a first dance or dances with our parents, so we don’t have to worry about that decision making process.
  • Courtney
    Beginner August 2020 Alberta
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the idea of your parents choosing the songs, gives it more meaning!
    We are doing blessed the broken road for our first dance and thinking about having whatever it is by zac brown band playing after we say I do leaving the ceremony!
    Just gonna have the basic wedding tune for the processional Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics