Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cindy
Devoted July 2019 Ontario

D.j. backed out...playlist Options?

Cindy, on May 8, 2019 at 22:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14
My wedding party has been planning a stag and doe and the DJ backed out. It's in a week and a half.

So we decided maybe to just use a playlist.
I know people have gone this route for their wedding so is it better to create a playlist on apple music or Google music or just transfer files we already have bought and play from a laptop or iPad???

None of us are too tech savvy but would like the best option for easy play and smooth transition from one song to another. Which option do you think would better provide this?

14 Comments

Latest activity by RayChance, on May 22, 2019 at 23:38
  • RayChance
    Ontario
    RayChance ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That DJ is terrible Smiley sad - Long and McQuade rent a decent speaker connect an ipod. Download some premixed tracks. Feeling your pain!

• Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Tori
    Thank you so much. I was going to message you to tell you I learned how to make a list and has about 60 songs. But I glanced and we have quite a number of the same songs. But I see I missed some good old favourites. So thank you!!!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh we had a DJ, but we made a list of songs that socials just HAVE to have and some of our favourites from the 90's and early 2000's. https://open.spotify.com/user/22zity2j7xd7ztnqvln5hfrzy/playlist/6ZHYJE5HmOMafwcLpuKDMT?si=wbH4DrFkTf6u52f_iLPGuw hopefully the link works - if not try finding me Tori Kamfoly, or I can take screen shots and send pics
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The promo JUST ended on May 9 - I tried to find you the link but it just ended a few days ago!!
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just downloaded it but no notice of a free item. Guess I missed the promo but that would've made it extra worth it.
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well I wanted to use my iPad to play the music but I only have an iPad mini 1 and it no longer gets updates so that's outta the question. So you are so right about testing out the tech.

I've reluctantly downloaded to my laptop. I say reluctantly because my fear is something will happen...a drink spill, a fall. All my wedding stuff is on my laptop and I'm diying a few things.
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just downloaded spotify premium. So it worked well not having a DJ at your social?
    I'd love to see your list! Thank you.
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh right, wifi could be a problem! Thank you!
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Apple Music and Spotify has curated playlists for you so you don't need to create your own. I would download those playlists that you like and have it played during your stag and doe.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would create a playlist from Apple/Google Music or Spotify and download it before the stag and doe. With Spotify Premium, you won't get ads and can download your playlist so you aren't using data on the device/relying on wifi.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I second Tori on Spotify. It’s great for making playlists.

They also had a promotion going on that anyone with Spotify premium got a Google speaker as well (the Google version of Amazon’s “Alexa”). Not sure if it is still going on but it was a good promotion!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

IMO I would go and try another DJ in their place - but I have to assume you've called just about everybody by now...

So - I would say to get Spotify premium and make a playlist off of that (I don't have Apple Music or Google Music). I have a list of 77 songs on our wedding social playlist if you need any help creating it just send me a message and I can give you the list!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It will be much easier to create a play list that will be a couple hours long. Have everything downloaded to a phone or lap top before the event this way all you have to do is plug it in and press play!

Make sure you double check that all the songs work, and it plays ok on the device you are using, this way you don't get to the stag and doe and something doesn't work properly

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d personally just create a good, long playlist on Apple Music and go from there. Thankfully this is for your stag and doe and not your wedding DJ that backed out!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics