Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Frequent user October 2020 Ontario

Customer Service Pet Peeves

Kara, on January 19, 2020 at 10:40

Posted in Plan a wedding 36

Wondering if any other brides are experiencing less-than-stellar customer service from any of their vendors/wedding dress store etc? I am an organized person who likes to get things planned early as to allow room for error. So many places we’ve been to (dress, suit place) have been giving me a lot...
Wondering if any other brides are experiencing less-than-stellar customer service from any of their vendors/wedding dress store etc?
I am an organized person who likes to get things planned early as to allow room for error. So many places we’ve been to (dress, suit place) have been giving me a lot of attitude around the planning process- or shoving me off until closer to the date. It’s really been annoying.... we got engaged with less than a year to go til the wedding, so I’ve been really trying to follow the “guidelines” of when to secure dates, places etc. We’ve just gotten a lot
Of attitude, or comments like “ well it’s still very early”. I don’t think Going 5 months ahead for grooms suit is too early. Am I crazy??? It’s really killing my happy vibe. 😭

36 Comments

• Jess
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Having a similar issue!! Got engaged December 31st 2019 and my wedding is October 10,2020. There have been a few vendors I’ve been particularly interested in but they never respond so I just gave up. Like you I’m trying to plan around my shorter engagement.

I had someone from a venue reach out a couple days ago after ignoring me for 2 weeks and I had to tell them I already booked with someone else!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've gotten lucky and have generally had very good customer service so far. One of the dress shops I went to had one consultant who clearly wanted me to pick a dress I had no interest in but nothing else stands out. As for the groom's suit, my FH just went in a couple days ago and reserved his - 8 months out. It's never too early, really. If vendors give attitude, they won't get your business. Simple as that.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I first started planning about 10 months ago I got the same thing. One vendor reached out to me in the new year and I had to tell her, I already booked someone. Almost 7 months after I called her. Crazy.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah I’ve gotten that one before. At the David’s bridal I went to, my consultant said I was being too picky when I wasn’t keen on the dresses she was pulling (that looked nothing like the pictures I brought) and straight up ignored me for most of my appointment! It’s amazing how some can stay in business but they manage to somehow. All you can do is fine one that’s better unfortunately

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics