Kara
Curious June 2020 Ontario

Customer Service Pet Peeves

Kara, on January 19, 2020 at 10:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 36
Saved Save
Wondering if any other brides are experiencing less-than-stellar customer service from any of their vendors/wedding dress store etc?
I am an organized person who likes to get things planned early as to allow room for error. So many places we’ve been to (dress, suit place) have been giving me a lot of attitude around the planning process- or shoving me off until closer to the date. It’s really been annoying.... we got engaged with less than a year to go til the wedding, so I’ve been really trying to follow the “guidelines” of when to secure dates, places etc. We’ve just gotten a lot
Of attitude, or comments like “ well it’s still very early”. I don’t think Going 5 months ahead for grooms suit is too early. Am I crazy??? It’s really killing my happy vibe. 😭

36 Comments

• Stefanie
    Frequent user August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    We got engaged in May and getting married in August. I havent had really any problems with vendors, which I'm happy about. However, we did have a lady at one of the rental places in the city give us a bit of attitude saying we have plenty of time. I'm also the kind of person that likes having everything organized to leave room for error and that would be very frustrating. In terms of suits and dresses, my bridesmaids ordered their dresses in December and the guys are going this weekend for their tuxes. From what I've heard from the girls at least, they prefer it that way because they dont have to stress about it if its ordered too late or backordered.
  • Kara
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Ugh! I’m so sorry this happened to you. That really sucks. Hopefully your next experience will make up for that 😀
  • Michelle
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute

David's Bridal (specifically the one in Vaughan, ON) was an absolute nightmare! I took my ladies shopping for Bridesmaids dresses this last weekend. Our sales consultant Monika was rude, aggressive, and just downright miserable. She even openly scolded one of my Bridesmaids for using the wrong fitting room by accident (FYI - no one else was using it so it shouldn't have mattered), and had her move to the other room while she was half naked. Long story short, I left the appointment and had a good cry in the car.

• Tosha
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Tosha ·
    • Dispute
    Wow that's horrible! My wedding is in two years and I'm trying to do what I can to plan and people are being kind of weird about it as well
  • Beatriz
    Curious May 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    We got engaged last August and have had everything pretty much planned for our wedding in May within the first couple of months. So far my vendors have been Great! From my dress to my coordinators, officiant, etc etc. I will say that when contacting venues there were a couple that did not even bother to email me back! I am like you, I like to be prepared and I must say a few of our vendors have commented on how prepared/ on top of things we are and how they appreciate it. I know things will go wrong and I like to be prepared..... Don’t let this kill your vibe! My piece of advice is.... if you are not happy with their service.... there are plenty of other vendors out there! The most tedious part of wedding planning has been the research but it has been worth it ( so far hahah).
  • L
    Newbie August 2019 Alberta
    Lynnette ·
    • Dispute
    I bought my dress from a consignment (personal shop) by appointment only. The service was amazing and the cost savings were amazing. We had attended 2 bridal shops (appointment) after a couple bridal shows....both were a nightmare. I grew up on a farm and they were snotty and felt like a auction mart cattle sale. It was over crowded, no real personal service for anyone. I bought my dress 1 1/2 years before our wedding. Gave me time to buy assessories at a slower pace and alterations without rush and panic. Groom got his tuxedos 8 1/2 months before. Gave the out of town groomsmen time to fit theirs which also allowed them to have first choice of time and date for pickup and any changes.
  • Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute

It's funny I think I had the opposite problem - a lot of dress places basically told me rudely they had nothing for me because my engagement turnaround was so quick (5 months) and that I should have started 18 months ago! ( Sorry, I wasn't engaged 18 months ago?)

David's Bridal was horrible, the girl helping me was also helping 2 other people and barely had time for me and I really hate how the dressing rooms are positioned so that you have to come out in front of everyone when there are a bunch of men (other brides fiance's) hanging out in the dressing area.

One of the venues we looked at, when we arrived for our viewing no one greeted us for 45 minutes, finally we went and found someone who found a manager who came back and told us the event coordinator got fired an hour ago (we had just been emailing with her that morning). Definitely didn't give us a good impression of the venue!

Also surprised at how long some vendors took to get back to me (like 2-3 weeks) while in the meantime I'd booked another vendor because I assumed they weren't interested. I just assume in the wedding industry it's pretty competitive and you'd want to jump on prospective customers right away?

• Kara
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    Thank you for all the support ladies!
    It sucks to hear that good customer service just seems to be a dying art. Wishing all of you well in your wedding planning 💜
  • McGilvery
    Newbie October 2020 Alberta
    McGilvery ·
    • Dispute
    Yup. The staff at David's bridal have been very unpleasant with the exception of one gal. I couldn't believe how rude they were to me and my bridesmaids. And one even said I was too early too. Nope, I like being well prepared. 🙄🙄🙄 Sorry to hear about your experiences, don't let it get you down. I flat out walked out of a store and told them that I would happily give my money to a different store. You're getting hitched!!! ❤️❤️❤️
  • Marcy
    Curious October 2020 Saskatchewan
    Marcy ·
    • Dispute

I started planning almost a year ago, and our wedding isn't until October. I too like to be super organized about everything. I work in adminstration, specifically planning large corporate events so I know things can go wrong...and honestly you spend good money on a wedding so in my opinion If you want to plan early, all the better! I did find early on we had a lot of potential vendors that didn't get back to my requests very promptly, and to me - I wasn't going to give my business to someone/someplace that couldn't do me the courtesy of a timely reply. If you can't be courteous, you obviously don't want my money - and there certainly isn't a shortage of wedding vendors out there. I agree, it's incredibly frustrating!

• Cassie
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    I feel the same way! All the girls at bridal centre are amazing!
  • Amanda
    Devoted October 2020 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

Exactly!! I think I left feeling a little taller lol!

• Cassie
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    She’s amazing! At other stores they kept pushing how we needed to order soon and stuff. Cecilia didn’t even mention ordering or finding my size until I said “this is the dress” it was refreshing and made me feel so comfortable! Even when I started to panic about the dress we ordered not fitting, she calmed me down, made me feel good about myself and offered to resize me anytime I felt I needed a confidence boost.
  • Amanda
    Devoted October 2020 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

Cecilia from the Bridal Centre was amazing!!!! She is brilliant! I loved how she sat with me asked what I was actually looking for how I saw myself on that day. She helped me find my perfect dress, especially after I felt defeated and let down by other stores. I really did not have high hopes in finding anything that I would love, and since I was shopping alone she was very honest and didn’t just try to sell me anything!

• Ashley
    Featured August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute

No thats rude!!! i got engaged in dec 2018 and called a venue in jan 2019 for aug 2020 and they had ONE day available which is our now wedding date. i literally called a year in a half in advance. i dont know whats wrong with these people. ive gotten everything done as earlier as possible!! i rather be organized now!

• Sherisse
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Sherisse ·
    • Dispute
    Yes 100% we are planning things in advance just to space out the spending and allow our family time to save to travel. We are all really spaced out and I’ve had wedding cake cateres be soo rude. It’s ridiculous; sometimes they complain about brides not giving them enough notice and now they are complaining about too much notice

Comment on this discussion

Related articles