Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Veronica
Super October 2021 Alberta

Cruise "Room" Extras?

Veronica, on February 3, 2020 at 13:39 Posted in Honeymoon 0 19

So part of our honeymoon is a cruise - with Royal Caribbean - and I see that I could add on some extras for our room, such as "Just Married" decor, or strawberries & champagne delivered, or roses etc.

I am just curious if anyone else has done this or thinking of doing this? Weighing in on the is the cost worth it. We chose to stay in the inside cabin to keep that cheaper but then we splurged on the unlimited drinks package, I'm getting a pedicure, FH is doing a special engine room tour, and we are booking a rather expensive all day excursion with them. How much is too much for "extras"?

I just feel like we will only honeymoon once, so YOLO? But I also can see myself just getting caught up in that mentality haha.

19 Comments

Latest activity by Veronica, on February 9, 2020 at 18:32
  • Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the sea band tip! I've been on one cruise before, quite a few years ago, and I was fine but I feel like I am alot more "sensitive" to things now so with my luck I will get sea sick haha. I might make our own little sign for our door Smiley laugh Pretty still keen on the strawberries and champagne though haha.

• Kelsey
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been on two royal Caribbean cruises before. The inside cabin is a great way to save money! Personally I can get a little sea sick so I bought sea bands. They're excellent I would totally recommend them. Only downside is they arent the most fashionable thing. But I agree with your YOLO attitude! I think you if you have the money to make your time a little more special then why not? Though I suppose you could make a banner and bring that yourself...?
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've done 2 Royal Caribbean cruises, so feel free to PM me with any questions!

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Allison, that is all great advice! I will tell them it is our honeymoon when we check in and see where that lands us. A free bottle of champagne would be great, a balcony upgrade for free would be amazing. Our ship does have a Solarium - I can't wait to hang out there and relax.

I have a question about the drink package but I will PM you on that one. Thanks again!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We also did a Royal Caribbean Cruise for our honeymoon so I'll lay down some advice:

- Balconies are pretty nice, but for 3x the cost, not necessary. We had one and it was nice to watch the sunrise from our own room, you can definitely do this from any outside part of the ship. Depending on your ship, they may have a Solarium, which is where we spent a lot of time watching the sea.

- The drink package is absolutely worth it, you made a good choice with upgrading!

- My DH surprised me with the chocolate covered strawberries. They were good, but the whole ship will be full of great eats everywhere!

- TELL them at Check-in that it's your honeymoon!! We got a free bottle of champagne because we told them, and if there's a balcony room free on check-in day, you might be able to upgrade.

- We did a few extras: excursions, spa night, specialty restaurants, etc. The great thing about cruising is that there are so many options/extras you can do, but you also don't have to do any of them.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could always tell them when youre booking it that its your honeymoon they may upgrade you for free lol! i would skip the just married sign and booze and strawberries thats just me tho! id rather spend that money on excursions or an extra night!

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the input!

We've already done the unlimited drink package haha - got a BOGO Black Friday Sale Smiley laugh Good to know about the paid for dining, it is FH first cruise (my 2nd) so we will probably just stick to what is included but if we keep cruising I do want to try those.

Man I WISH we could do the balcony, its just its TRIPLE the price of our inside room and we have more port days then sea days so I don't think we would use it quite that much.

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw man haha! I totally thought it would be more since most additional things are way too much money Smiley tongue
  • Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would skip the extra room decor stuff (also the welcome food since food and drink is already included). The premium drink package is worth it, and I would splurge on the nicer restaurants that you have to pay for....I'm not sure what ship you're on, but I've dined at most of them, and they're well worth it. Also, I would splurge on another excursion if you're up for it. And if you get the option to upgrade the room, a balcony is well worth it. I used to only cruise on inside rooms, until I was upgraded to a balcony. It changed my mind.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is exactly $50 actually haha!!!! Yay for cruising Smiley laugh

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unless it's like $50 or something I wouldn't say it is worth it. I would rather put the money toward one of the fancier dinner options that you pay extra for. We are doing a cruise for our honeymoon as well Smiley smile
  • Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I honestly forgot that we will have access to "free" desserts the whole time. And we already can get glasses of champagne that we paid for! Thanks for the opinion.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That does sound amazing! "and well...honeymooning..." you crack me up hahahaha.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh we loved the balcony!!! In the deal we got on our cruise we got free breakfast delivered every morning and we were able to eat out on our balcony as the sun rised Smiley love To be fair you aren't going to be in your room for more than sleeping and well... honeymooning.... but that was how we got ready for the day. The night before we put our order on the door, then woke up and ate food on the balcony while the sun rised, followed by reading the activities set for that day and picked out what we were going to do. The only other time you are there is to change in and out of your swimsuit too.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think it sounds necessary. You've already got unlimited drinks, and you can have so many options at desert.
    I would rather splurge on a view from the room or the excursions you mentioned!
  • Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah! I definitely want cheesy honeymoon shirts haha Smiley laugh I think the decorations would be nice for maybe the first couple hours then I see myself getting annoyed about it now that I really think of it.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh! I didn't even think about that - I bet the dessert buffets just have chocolate covered strawberries anyway haha. Did you enjoy the balcony? We did not go that route just because it was triple the price on our boat (only a few balconies on there as its a smaller one) but am just curious how often people use them when they have them.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did our Honeymoon cruise with Royal Caribbean too. We opted not to go with buying the honeymoon extras. We didn't think the packages would be worth it, and especially since you opted for the unlimited drink package already and we didn't it would be less so for you. You can bring your own banner or even better would be to bring honeymoon shirts that everyone can see when you walk around.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

On my Honeymoon Cruise we just got the outside room with a balcony and the drink package. I don't think they had the option of decor, and since we have unlimited drinks it would just be free chocolate strawberries... so we didn't add it on. Honestly I would say that since you are already getting the drink package that the only thing you get out of it is decor and dessert - which is nice, but I'm sure you could just pack a banner with your and put it on your door and then the buffet is bound to have lots of other dessert options.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics