Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayla
Newbie May 2021 Ontario

Covid-19 update on website?

Kayla, on May 25, 2020 at 15:15 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 9

Does anyone who has a wedding website have ideas on what to add to their website for a Covid-19 update?

My wedding is 'supposed' to be on Oct 2 this year - who knows what will happen but I want to create a section on my website with updates. Has anyone done this, and do you have any suggestions for wording etc?

Thanks!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kathryn, on June 7, 2020 at 18:48
  • K
    Beginner September 2021 Alberta
    Kathryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We added this to our website. We are waiting to hear from our venue for a new date, so this was more generic.

Covid-19 update on website? 1

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel you! Ours is the weekend before. We ended up sending our invites out early with a little insert saying despite current events, we are proceeding as usual with planning and hope to see everyone in September and that we would be updating everyone on our wedding website (link included for direct access).

We followed up with this post on our website under the News section:

Lovers in a Dangerous Time

While our day-to-day lives have changed drastically because of Covid-19, our planning hasn't! It is still early yet so we are planning to proceed as planned until further notice. With constant updates from the provincial and federal government, we will be keeping an eye on how this pandemic progresses and will let everyone know right here if we need to postpone or reschedule. Hopefully everything will have eased by the time the cooler weather returns and everyone can return to normal life safely.

As we're saying out here on the coast: Be Safe and Stay the Blazes Home!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is what we wrote on our website and we put some links for government of canada government of ontario and us government websites for quick links for people to click on. we also asked for peoples emails so if we do decide to get married in aug we can zoom it to people.

COVID-19 Update: We hope you are all keeping safe and well. As our situation is improving in Ontario, our wedding is still scheduled for August 8th, 2020.

We understand some may have trouble travelling or may not be comfortable travelling this summer. Please remember to stay safe and do RSVP. Be sure to include your email address as we will send email updates and provide updates on this website if there are any issues.

Should travel restrictions prevent our guests from attending, we will be sure to host a webcast and will send out the details via email and host it on this website.

Thank you and stay safe.

For the latest on the Canada-US Border, please visit:
    Government of Canada
    Government of Ontario
    US Government

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The idea of creating an extra tab for the update seems great for guests to know/monitor updates on the website.

• Kayla
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you from for the wonderful tips everyone and I hope you all get to have the weddings you dreamed of!

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So we decided to create a wedding website specifically because of what is going on but it's also been awesome for other items as well.

I created a tab called COVID updates and have this message there right at the top (minus the portion that says check out our website). Our STD/invitation company created these for us to send to everyone as well along with our save the dates.

It's short and sweet Smiley smile I've been casually adding to that tab but this is the opening message

Covid-19 update on website? 2

• A
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Annie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What website are you all using?
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just made a tab called Covid-19 Updates and on the page I did a short and sweet "This section will have all current decisions due to Covid-19. We are hopeful that it will not compromise our special day, but just in case this is where we will keep everyone up to date on the wedding details."

Then I just add posts as needed! That is how I told everyone about the back up date instead of wasting money on new invitations and save the dates.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dear friends and family,

We hope this finds you and your loved ones safe and in good health.

We understand the world is going through a difficult time and many of you have concerns. While we're eager to celebrate our marriage with you this coming October with fun-filled festivities, we want to do so in a manner that is safe for everyone. We are monitoring the situation very closely and will proceed based recommendations made by health authorities.

Please continue to monitor this website for any updates. In the meantime, we are grateful for family and friends and of course, for you, our valued customer.

Sincerely,

XOXO

--

Our wedding is planned for December but could potentially be pushed to next year (especially if everyone continues to behave like the ones at Trinity Bellwoods this past weekend) so we'll likely have a section specifically on covid on the website.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics