Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Expert July 2022 Ontario

Covid-19 Date Changes

Amanda, on May 6, 2020 at 16:58

Posted in Plan a wedding 226

Hello Future Brides, Wondering if anyone else is postponing their dates. My original date was on July 18th 2020, and we have decided to move it to October 9th 2020 in hopes this Pandemic will be "close" to over. What is everyone's thoughts. What are you doing & when are your wedding dates? What...

Hello Future Brides,

Wondering if anyone else is postponing their dates. My original date was on July 18th 2020, and we have decided to move it to October 9th 2020 in hopes this Pandemic will be "close" to over.

What is everyone's thoughts. What are you doing & when are your wedding dates? What struggles and issues are you facing right now? Are your Vendors being helpful? How are your venues treating this situation?

I hope everyone is trying to stay positive as hard as I know it is. I am praying this works out for everyone, and I am so sorry if you have already experienced having to adjust according to the pandemic. My heart is with you all! Smiley heart

Let me know what you are doing to try and stay sane!
Smiley laugh

226 Comments

• Vanny
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww thanks so much girl!!! Same to you ❤️❤️ hope it'll be beyond magical
  • Jessica
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our original date was November 1st 2020. We just finalized a postponement to September 2021...the stress of wondering what would happen and having family travelling from out of the province/country was enough to postpone. I'd rather have everyone there to celebrate with us and not risk their health right now, but I understand that everyone has various priorities when it comes to their own wedding. I hope that everyone can still have their special day regardless of what is going on right now!
  • Vanessa
    Newbie July 2020 Alberta
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello, we are going through with our wedding on July 14th! I totally get why you would push it off though.
    It’s not the way a woman pictures getting married. ❤️❤️
    Yes, fingers crossed for everyone getting married during this difficult time.

• D
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Dolly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding date is October 3, 2020 honestly even if its just 50 Im getting married. Its not about the party its the marriage itself thats important to us. Hopefully it works out for everyone 💗 Such a stressful time for everyone, good luck to all.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Girl!
    My cousins is also in September. She is September 12th! I am praying that this works out for the all of us!!!! The way things are going make me very hopeful, but I do agree... Its not an ideal or happy situation.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Darling,
    I am hoping you will be fine at that point lets hope there is a vaccine and that the counts are very low & that we are back to normalcy.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fingers are crossed for you too girl! Smiley heart
    The way things are looking I am SUPER hopeful!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am super glad you were able to do that!
    I hope your wedding turns out to be everything you dreamed of! Smiley ring

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congratulations! I am happy you will have a secured date now with no worries! I hope its everything you want it to be and more! The longer wait will make that moment feel that much MORE special. Smiley heart

• Kallei
    Beginner September 2020 Alberta
    Kallei ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are also September 26th. Very similar to us, we’ve been together 8 years and it would be so sad if we couldn’t go forward as planned. We have a back up date for May 28 2021, but we are still holding strong on going ahead in September and hope that we can have at least 50 guests by that time.
  • Kaitlyn
    Beginner February 2021 British Columbia
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is planned for January 30 2021 but still nervous this pandemic isn’t going to be over by then but trying to keep positive and my heart is with all that have had to postpone weddings due to this ❤️❤️
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My date is October 2...in Ontario as well! We are also hoping to keep it for this year and not postpone. Glad that everyone has been so helpful!! Wishing you best of luck.

• Ariel
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Ariel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours was supposed to be in June this year but our venue was super helpful and helped us push back until June next year. Smiley smile

• Vanny
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awwwwww ours was the day after yours! August 8 but we decided to pull the plug and officially let our venue know we're just going to postpone to next year. Our new date is July 10 2021
  • Cassandra
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My date is September 26th, and we just recently had a wonderful conversation with our coordinator and the vendors who are optimistic about being able to continue forward. Our only worry is that there will still be a number restriction by the time our day comes. Our number is 85, so just in case we have chosen a second date; June 5th 2020. Our vendors so far have no problem with moving the date... it just means that we had to choose a pull the plug day. So by the middle of July, if there is no change in group gatherings, we will postpone. Which makes me sad, because we've been together 7 years and have been so over the moon excited for this... but we are in crazy times. So here we are, rolling with the punches the best that we can.

Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am hoping August works out for you. If things continue to go the way they are now, you may be a lucky girl! I have a friend also getting married August 22nd of this year, she is also holding her date until July when she will make her final decision. I am hoping it works out for you ladies. Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HAHAHA ... I agree. I hope this Virus is a 2020 thing and doesn't go into 2021. My fingers are crossed for everyone, even for the people having weddings this year still.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes. I agree completely with you. I am wishing the best for you next year girl. It's a little longer of a wait, but hopefully it gives you the wedding you dreamed of!

• Brittany
    Newbie August 2020 Nova Scotia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is planned for August 22, it’s stressful not knowing, we haven’t made plans as of yet to postpone making that decision by the end of the month.. I’m alright with pushing the date back, but at the same time a little disappointed.. seems like this year is a curse on most weddings.. hope everything works out for you all!!
  • Elnaz
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Elnaz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding was supposed to be on August 7th this year and we just decided to push it to next year in June. It is extremely stressful so I totally understand.

This year is cursedddddddd Smiley sad(

• Cassandra
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww, thanks hun! You too!!!
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I get that... I still have sleepless nights lol
    I am glad you got to reschedule to a good date next year. I am wishing the vert best for darling! I hope its everything you dreamed of!! Smiley laugh

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aaawwww! Well yes you’re right. I’m happy that you guys were able to reschedule. Wish I could’ve chosen July or Aug but dates were booked up so we are now Oct.9.2021 which I’m just as happy with. Hopefully this crazyness will be long gone by then.
  • Vanny
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey wedding date twin lol! I know we've talked before and just wanted to let you know that my fiancé and I decided to pull the plug and postpone our wedding this summer. The uncertainty was just frustrating us and we feel like it's the best thing to do. We deserve a beautiful wedding over something that will end up being rushed and half-assed. Our wedding will still happen in the Summer next year and it's now on July 10, 2021!

• Cassandra
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Decided today to postpone our July 3, 2020 wedding to July 03, 2021. Made sense for us and involved considering a lot of factors. Everyone is being affected differently, and we’re all in this together. All vendors have been great! Looking forward to a restful sleep ... spent the just few months with some sleepless nights, lol!!! Best of luck to everyone!!! #LoveIsNotCancelled
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Love!
    I am going to try and wait it out for this year just because we have some family that we may not have with us next year, that dream to see myself get married.. & my heart would break if I can't do that for them.

We only have 170 on our guest list so if we have to cut down, we will make it work.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like that idea as well. We were thinking of doing the same, but my immediate family is really large, so cutting our list will be difficult but if it comes to that, that's what we will have to do.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes exactly!
    I am hoping that everyone can have their weddings and that this only gets better, but by the looks of it, it may be something that has to wait for everyone if you want that "wedding" we had originally planned.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes. It makes it a lot tougher when people are travelling in. I am glad you are changing the date. It will make your day that much more special, just like you said, just having everyone together!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's unfortunate. I wish they were a little more understanding especially given the circumstances. I do agree though, I think most photographer offer a free engagement session. You can at least do a funny shoot because of COVID-19 if you wanted too!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I get that.
    Its really unfortunate because everything is up in the air for EVERYONE. Wedding planning can be stressful as is, and now many of us have to add this on top.

• Lynne
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Lynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Amanda. It helps a bit knowing we're not alone. Stay safe 🙏

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics