Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zaria
Newbie March 2021 Ontario

Couples getting married on March 21, 2020 in Ontario

Zaria, on March 14, 2020 at 12:28 Posted in Ontario 0 7

Hey everyone getting married on March 21st!

Since we all have the same wedding date... What are you all doing about this corona virus mess? Are you going forward? What are you telling your families and friends?

We're going ahead. We checked with all our vendors and they're okay to keep going unless something big breaks the news, I suppose. Then we sent an email to our guests saying that it's still happening, but we understand if they are reluctant to attend. And we asked them to reconfirm their attendance and our venue is letting us change our numbers even on the day of. And of course, if anyone is showing any symptoms to NOT COME. Guess we'll see what's in the cards for the next few days...

Good luck, everyone!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Tracey, on March 31, 2020 at 22:15
  • Tracey
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Tracey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey, I hear you, my florist also refused a refund, claiming her supplier has a policy. I was so annoyed. She kept my deposit and the partial payment i had made. So out $500. I ended up asking her to deliver the order. Probably a good thing too, because the colour of the flowers weren’t even the colour I had asked for :/ Bright side I guess is I can dry some of the flowers for another use. 🤷🏽‍♀️😐
  • Sadie
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Sadie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi there,

We are dealing with a horrible situation right now... our florist is refusing a refund and bringing up her cancellation policy... just sick about the whole thing.

What did yours say?

This would help my case and I thank you in advance.

• Sadie
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Sadie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey March 21st brides!

How are you all doing that had to postpone and how were your vendors?

• Zaria
    Newbie March 2021 Ontario
    Zaria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, our venue finally agreed to let us postpone, so we'll be having our reception on march 20, 2021 but we are still getting married this weekend. We're going to a public park with our officiant and whoever else of our guests that can make it to get married and go for a walk. We're calling it a walking wedding, lol.

We're just going to make a bunch of sandwiches and individually wrap them so people aren't handling them all. I also got some individual serving snacks from Costco like trail mix, cheese with crackers, and hummus. I'm going to bag carrots and celery into servings too so again, people aren't handling everything. And then I also ordered some bird seed for our walk. I really hate how much waste this will be creating, but I also want to feed everyone that's coming.
  • Mackwiz
    Newbie March 2020 Ontario
    Mackwiz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah our reception cancelled but we don’t want to postpone the wedding so we got another reception but with the virus and everything the government says to do 50 ppl and less... it’s just been really hard on us you plan something for so long and then it all gets ruined... I hope everyone stays safe from this❤️
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What a decision to make! I'm sorry you all have to deal with this.
  • Tracey
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Tracey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi there,

We have decided to postpone our date, we are still working with venue to decide on one. I just informed our guests and vendors of the date change and said it's TBA. We can only hope everyone will be on board with us on the new date!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics